Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do you think breastfeeding helped

Posted by   + Show Post
You lose weight? How long did you breast feed? How much pregnancy weight did you lose?
im planning on breast feeding, just curious how the weightloss is. I never breastfed past 5 weeks with either of mine and stopped for medical reasons.
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Replies (31-40):
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:35 AM
You should join the breastfeeding mamas group. :)

Quoting chloe_c:

I wanna Brest feed but I'm nerves the baby won't latch and all that good stuff so what if I just pumped the milk...would I still lose weight?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Same here.

Quoting Raeann11:

Nope, I am one of the few that hang onto the weight. Till done breastfeeding.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cassondra09
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM
I have 2 babies both by c section and breast fed both of them and lost my pregnancy weight by the 6 week check ups! My ds is 15 months old and I am still pumping in the morning and right before bed! And it's amazing I wish I could do this forever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cassondra09
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:19 AM
It depends on upon everyone's bodies but yes that's what I did and it fell off of me! Good luck mama

Quoting TTC2Long:

You should join the breastfeeding mamas group. :)

Quoting chloe_c:

I wanna Brest feed but I'm nerves the baby won't latch and all that good stuff so what if I just pumped the milk...would I still lose weight?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilyrose2011
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM

oh ya it helped sooo much! i lost almost all my baby weight and breastfeed till about 10 months. i didnt loose the pooch but that was because i didnt really work out. but it burns alot of calories when you breastfeed so it helps alot! you also have to eat right and not just eat whatever you want 

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I breastfed both of mine until just past a year and both times I wasn't able to lose any weight until I was done breastfeeding.

Ilaynasmommy
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:34 AM
I bfd 3 wks and was down to prepregnancy weight afterv2 wks. Of course I think it was genes too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsy9023
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Me too :(

Quoting Raeann11:

Nope, I am one of the few that hang onto the weight. Till done breastfeeding.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't loose weight while nursing. Haven't with either of my 3 kids. I don't bf for the weight loss benefits, but for the nutrition of my baby's. I bf for 11 months X 2 and still bf at 15.5 months with #3.
shamillionaire
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM
I lost all 30lbsI gained, breastfed for 11months. Thats when I got pregnant again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)