Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do you think breastfeeding helped

Posted by   + Show Post
You lose weight? How long did you breast feed? How much pregnancy weight did you lose?
im planning on breast feeding, just curious how the weightloss is. I never breastfed past 5 weeks with either of mine and stopped for medical reasons.
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Replies (41-50):
Diamondblue1
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:36 AM
I never breastfed my kids but i'm pregnant now and i at least want to use the breast pump for a while and see how that works. They say when you breastfeed, use a girdle it will help your stomach shrink faster and do it at least for 6 months to a year cause once you stop breastfeeding and start eating regular you will gain the weight back. But you can burn 500 calories breastfeeding. I'd rather use the pump though lol
shortyali
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:27 PM
I nursed DS for 7 weeks and lost only about half of the weight. Then depression helped me loose the rest. With DD I nursed for 22 months and lost all of the pregnancy weight and wanted to loose more but I was pregnant again so that didn't work so hot. I'm due in Nov and plan on joining weight watchers this time because they have a program for nursing mothers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PresleyLove
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I gained 30 lbs with my son. I breastfed for a year... but I lost 25 lbs with in the first 2-3 months. I was a breastfeeding queen! plus I ate real healthy and my son was really hungry. I always thank him for that!! It did suck to adjust, and was painful at times... but I miss it. It was so worth it. My son has never had any health issues, is very bright, and has gotten sick once. But, maybe my son would have been the same with formula... but.. I kinda doubt it. Only problem i have/had with it.. he still reaches for my boob when we lay down out of habit lol. Hes four.... haha

AmberRose1122
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:16 PM
God I hope it does. I've gotten so fat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaralynnStewart
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM
I have three kids. One was not BF, one was for 6weeks and I am currently EBF my 9mth old. I gained over 70lbs with each child and lost all the baby weight plus some by the time the babies were 5mths. I dont think BF has anythin to do with it i think diet and exercise helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jshalas89
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM
No! It's actually hindering it. I don't believe in this theory at all. My son was born July 25th and I'm still bf.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GGsMommy07
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:41 PM

yes breastfeeding helps shrink the size of the uterus. im 4 wks pp and have lost 30 lbs so far.

hopeandlove17
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Still bf my 15 month old and IV lost alot I don't remember the last time I was this small
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymomma365
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I did lost weight while breast feeding.. But you have to keep in mind you cant think, " Oh I am breast feeding so I can eat everything in sight." Just like in pregnancy you have to realize your body is calories in calories out breastfeeding doesnt take thousands of calories a day so you cant eat thousands of calories a day.. And you have to make sure you are still eating food with fat in it so your milk has fat in it for your baby.. Read and research about breastfeeding and you can make informed decisions about what to eat and lose weight and produce healthy milk for your baby.. Then add excercise after your dr. says its ok to help with the weight loss..

.KFeatherable.
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM

breastfeeding did absolutely nothing for me with weightloss. With breastfeeding my second baby for a year, I stayed the same weight as I did when I went into labor with him.

Plus I only gained 11lbs with him... he weighed 7lbs 6oz.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)