Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do you think breastfeeding helped

Posted by   + Show Post
You lose weight? How long did you breast feed? How much pregnancy weight did you lose?
im planning on breast feeding, just curious how the weightloss is. I never breastfed past 5 weeks with either of mine and stopped for medical reasons.
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Replies (51-56):
kris0921
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I did breastfeed with my son, but it took me a lot longer to lose weight. I gained about 40lbs and ended up losing in 9 months 30 of that. I had a csection with him that I think that had a big thing to do with it. With my little girl I am 3 days pp, and gained 35lbs and have alread lost 12lbs. I am breastfeeding again and looking a whole lot better at this point then I did with my son. I had a vaginal birth this time too I think that helps!

mommy2bella
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Ditto.

Quoting Junebaby18:

I don't loose weight while nursing. Haven't with either of my 3 kids. I don't bf for the weight loss benefits, but for the nutrition of my baby's. I bf for 11 months X 2 and still bf at 15.5 months with #3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:28 PM
my dd is 9 months and im finally below prepreg weight. Ive been eating soup for lunch though so i think thats whats doing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsniebo
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Yes! I felt like I had to eat constantly to not fall into an underweight BMI and so that size 0 pants wouldn't be falling off of me. I'm not normally that thin. I had gained 36 lbs with my first pregnancy and had lost 46 lbs by the time DD was 5 or 6 months old. (I had lost all of the pregnancy weight by the time she was 4 months.)

NikkiL
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I breastfed for 6 months with my first and 1 year with my second. I think it helped me lose weight. It has to, you burn so many calories just producing milk. I never weighed myself so not sure how much weight I lost, but my body was back to normal within 3 months.

Mommatoobe
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I breastfed for 1.5years. I lost 60lbs in a year. Dr.'s say that your body burns 20 calories per ounce of milk you make. By 1.5years I was making 9-10 oz of milk in each breast for EACH feeding, still fed her two to three times a day at that point.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)