Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I am wanting to have a home birth!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM
  • 22 Replies
My other 3 were born in a hospital. I would love to use a midwife and do an assisted home birth. I really hated not having the time with #3 to ask/look around for a midwife. So now that #4 is on their way, I am determined for it to happen!

Does anyone have any storied they want to share so I know what to expect! If you have had an experience with hospital and home tell me that too! Good or bad, please tell me! Which do you prefer if you have had them at home and at the hospital.

I do plan on having a water birth at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM
2 moms liked this

My babies were water births but not at home~ but I have been to several home births!  ;-)

I have only seen & experienced (as the birther or witness) peaceful, gentle, loving, births.

Confidence is so important--  and that comes from preparation and support.      Are you able to get info and help, and get all your questions answered?

summerbear
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM
I am trying to contact a few people who know people... I can't put it on my facebook to look around, so I asked 2 very trusted souls to ask around. We live in a very small town in a county that caters to it's elderly population. It is a retirement town. (Ugh)

I am hoping to use this post to get firsthand feedback as to what goes on and what to expect and what questions to ask once I do find my midwife (I know I will find her).

My husband is on board with a homebirth and once I tell family, they will not understand it at first, but I know they will come around! When I switched from sposies to cloth they were weird about it, but now some have made the switch as well and others are ok with it now. Once they get used to the idea and see the dh is supportive, they will be too.

Quoting doulala:

My babies were water births but not at home~ but I have been to several home births!  ;-)

I have only seen & experienced (as the birther or witness) peaceful, gentle, loving, births.

Confidence is so important--  and that comes from preparation and support.      Are you able to get info and help, and get all your questions answered?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM
3 moms liked this

I planned a home birth (VBAC), and transported to the hospital. It was an awesome experience (well, I'd change a few things. Like, oh, I don't know, the transport lol) and it saddens me that I won't get to do it again.

Join the Birth is Normal group. There's a sticky in there with a boatload of questions to ask providers, midwives and doctors alike.

Education and support are important. I wish you the best!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I think that is great!

Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Awesome! Thank you so much!

Quoting LKRA:

I planned a home birth (VBAC), and transported to the hospital. It was an awesome experience (well, I'd change a few things. Like, oh, I don't know, the transport lol) and it saddens me that I won't get to do it again.

Join the Birth is Normal group. There's a sticky in there with a boatload of questions to ask providers, midwives and doctors alike.

Education and support are important. I wish you the best!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBugMom09
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
This. More power to you! :)

Quoting kmqw229:

I think that is great!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birthymom4
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

May I ask what state you live in? I can get all your state specific  information and lists of midwives :)

I have had 2 hospital births and 1 "home"birth...I will NEVER birth in a hospital again. I felt violated and bullied and the sad thing about it is that I experienced pretty normal treatment.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM
2 moms liked this

This is a fantastic blog that has all sorts of birth stories! : ) If I ever need an uplifting story, I go here! : ) It has birth videos, too. Great info! : ) 

http://birthwithoutfearblog.com/

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

My first was with a home birthing midwife at a birth center. I loved that experience.

My second we were going to go with the same midwife. She just recently just got remarried and her hubby got transferred. So we had to go with a Dr at a hospital. When I went for the appts she made it sound like I would get what I wanted. But as appts went along I soon found out that was not true. We were trying to find another midwife in our area and one we were comfortable with. I hate that I talk so negatively about her birth. I make sure she knows she was the best thing about it.

Before we started to TTC with our third. We looked or a midwife. We ahd a home birth with her. It was the most amazing expeince of my life. Here is my story: My Home Birth Story  I will never have a hospital birth again. Unless needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)