Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please read.. Freaking out completely..

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hey ladies. How are you?i am 3 weeks out of a c csection. I called my ob office earlier this morning to get the results of a urine culture that they did. I was told there was some bacteria in the urine and that it was called BV( bacterial vaginosis / gardnerella) anyone ever had this or heard of it? I don't even have any symptoms. But it was in the culture. I'm freaked out and nervous as all hell. Dr can't see me until tomorrow and he doesn't seem worried.. But I sure am. He said this is common and is usually just a mild strain bacteria. Hopefully he can just give me a cream rather than pills. I was just on a course of cephalexin.. My stomach is just stopping to hurt.. :-(. ( though my new set of nerves from this are freaking me the heck out).
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Natalia301
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I had that dont worry !! Youll get pills for it ! Nothing major :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teenmommy1119
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Breathe mama! BV is one of the most common infections, I've had it before I got preggo. If I remember they gave me pills though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rockinmomma1018
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Does it go away and usually stay away after treatment?? Nothing serious can happen right?
LaughingTattoo
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Its not serious at all. Promise. Its just like having a yeast infection

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM
There is nothing to freak out about. It's a simple infection that's super common.
Larsbug
by Laura on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I am 99% sure that's pretty common because of the cath... you will get meds and be fine. It really is nothing to worry about.

bshoemaker
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I had this about a million times when I was pregnant with my son. It is most commonly accompanied by a yeast infection but I had the same issue the first time,  no symptoms but they did a routine pap and found it. They just give you some meds to clear it up. Being pregnant and just having a baby your hormones are changing, it is complete normal.

eykelley
by Liz on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:53 PM
I have the same and am on pills. I had a Csec 6 weeks ago. :D it's ok, u'll be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured