Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

labor or cervical changes help!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm 37 weeks and i have no changes at all, i didn't lose my plug yet and there's no braxton hicks contractions at all or cervical changes, I'm starting to get nervous. Does anybody have any advice or pointers on how to start this? Will it happen, has this happened to anybody? 

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM
2 moms liked this

You are ONLY 37 weeks. You have 5 more weeks to go possibly. You can go into labor with no changes at all. Dilation and effacement have nothing to do with when you will start to labor. There is nothing to worry about and nothing you need to do. Just sit back and let your body do it's thing.

clairewait
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

You are at 37 weeks and you are nervous that nothing is happening yet? Is that right?

Full term is 40 weeks, so you might have nothing for 3 more weeks and that would be considered totally normal. I had nothing in my first pregnancy as early as 37 weeks. I lost my plug two days before my due date (and didn't actually realize it until much later) and then my water broke the next evening, and I delievered ON my due date. I actually never had ANY contractions at all and wasn't convinced my water even broke.

Anyway, just hang in there. 

If you are looking to speed up the process, there are definitely several "home-solutions" out there you could google. Some people swear by them. Others are pleasantly humbled by Mother Nature.  :)

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Here is a video with info on the risks and benefits of vaginal exams. 

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:03 PM

You still have time. With my first and second I really had no signs at all labor was come. You don't have to lose your mucus plug. I never saw it with my first and second, even in labor.

You cervix does not have to change before then either. You body will do what it needs to when it is ready.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I've had this happen before, and I know the labors which went the fastest is where I didn't have any cervical changes really.  So, it is possible to just have it all happen when you go into labor.  Good luck mama!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)