Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling really guilty

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM
  • 4 Replies
So I am playing with my 14 month old. Out of nowhere I realise that soon (6 months) my attention will be split. My sweetheart won't remember these first 21 months where she alone is my whole heart. It is breaking my heart.

I know in my head my heart will grow, but I just wish there was a way for her to know how special this first year has been.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lulu_tattoos
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Make videos or a scrapbook, mama. Do things together that can be saved. Write her little letters here and there.  She'll cherish it when she's older.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:30 PM
i couldnt imagine hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:03 AM

I know this is hard :(

We have 5 kids, and honestly it's great to get to spend that time alone with your kids- we still have date nights with each of them and we all enjoy it, but in exchange for that constant alone time with mom comes the interaction between siblings, and that is so cool to take in.  I love seeing my kids interact and play together- sure they fuss at each other too, but there is nothing like seeing siblings love on each other.  I know it's hard not to mourn those alone times, but I promise there is better stuff coming!  :)

CheesyKitty
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you.

Quoting gacgbaker:

I know this is hard :(

We have 5 kids, and honestly it's great to get to spend that time alone with your kids- we still have date nights with each of them and we all enjoy it, but in exchange for that constant alone time with mom comes the interaction between siblings, and that is so cool to take in.  I love seeing my kids interact and play together- sure they fuss at each other too, but there is nothing like seeing siblings love on each other.  I know it's hard not to mourn those alone times, but I promise there is better stuff coming!  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured