Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Blocked pipe?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:35 PM
  • 9 Replies

So, wasn't sure how to write the headline...
but I took a bath earlier and found a little red mark bellow my right nipple. not touchng it, but bellow. I felt it and there is just a TEENY tiny little lump inside. Could I possibly have a blockage from the colustrum coming in for birth? I don't leak AT ALL, and haven't my whole pregnancy so I don't know if I can get a 'block' or if maybe that makes me MORE likely to get one... but it is kinda scary cause they say if you have a block to 'pump' and get the stuff flowing but I can't do that. I've tried. MANY times.. since like  24 weeks along. i massage my boobs twice daily with my lotion and it wasnt there yesterday.
I have been sick the past few days. Fever, cold, upset stomach, puking.. that fun stuff. I figured it was just pregnancy related like most other things... now I'm worried.
I have my weekly visit to  my prenatal doctor tomorrow in the afternoon, so I will of course ask her aswell about it [if she shows up this week, she was delivering a baby last week] but until then, i kinda want some advice or opinions... maybe even stories of anyone who had something similar?

What do you guys think? and what do you think I should do until tomorrow? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
RoseBud93
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM

bump

rayroe2
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM

BUMP!

sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Bump!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diamondblue1
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:02 AM

it sounds like a blockage i've never breastfed but i read a book on it and it talks about blockage tell your doctor i think they can give you something for it

amc103
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Talk to your dr. It is probably just normal breast changes during pregnancy. Sometimes the changes can be scarry looking! LOL! But talk to your dr for sure to have peace of mind. 

RoseBud93
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I will
but i really think it's not 'normal changes' because of how it looks, and now my boob is very sore and hard.. but the other one isnt.  i sure hope its nothing though or that my doctor can fix it before little one comes.

Quoting amc103:

Talk to your dr. It is probably just normal breast changes during pregnancy. Sometimes the changes can be scarry looking! LOL! But talk to your dr for sure to have peace of mind. 

CafeMom Tickers
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:57 AM

I'm having trouble understanding the lump exactly. But it could be a few things. In grown hair, regular breast development when you add in hormones, but not a blocked duct. You won't likely have trouble with that yet. And you shouldn't be pumping, it can cause preterm labor. And since you don't have your milk in yet, it will do nothing for you. 

Katie44
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:47 AM
Talk to your doctor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katie44
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:48 AM
Agreed.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I'm having trouble understanding the lump exactly. But it could be a few things. In grown hair, regular breast development when you add in hormones, but not a blocked duct. You won't likely have trouble with that yet. And you shouldn't be pumping, it can cause preterm labor. And since you don't have your milk in yet, it will do nothing for you. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)