Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For moms who have had 3d/4d scans...

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:24 AM
  • 17 Replies
If you had one, or several...
How much did it cost and how many weeks were you when it was done?

I want to get one this time around and was told before that it is best to do it by a certain gestation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I had 3 done with DD3. The first was at 16w, then 19w then 27w. The 19w was by far the best because you could see everything in better detail. The 27w was great BUT the placenta was in the way and blocked some of her face for the shots. 

summerbear
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM
How much were they? I want to get an estimate so I know. When I google it has all these places offering "specials". I just want to know the normal cost.

Quoting Devious103102:

I had 3 done with DD3. The first was at 16w, then 19w then 27w. The 19w was by far the best because you could see everything in better detail. The 27w was great BUT the placenta was in the way and blocked some of her face for the shots. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:16 AM

These were back in 2005 and were in NC, I know prices have changed since then and vary by place.  For the first trip I paid 125$ and that was for a 30 min session with tape and DVD (DVD was extra) and a ton of pics and that included military discount. The 2nd trip was free because gender wasn't confirmed 100% at the first appt, the 3rd time I paid around 110$, I got military discount and return patron discount. 

Quoting summerbear:

How much were they? I want to get an estimate so I know. When I google it has all these places offering "specials". I just want to know the normal cost.

Quoting Devious103102:

RoseBud93
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I wanted to get one for my litle gal but my doctor never even offered the idea of it because insurance didnt cover it.. but my mom and i were ready to splurge on it. :/ I really wish we'd of done it.

CafeMom Tickers
summerbear
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:20 AM
My insurance won't cover it neither. So we are going to pay for it. I have 3 children and have never done one, so I am looking forward to getting one!

Quoting RoseBud93:

I wanted to get one for my litle gal but my doctor never even offered the idea of it because insurance didnt cover it.. but my mom and i were ready to splurge on it. :/ I really wish we'd of done it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nolanzo
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel so fortunate that my us tech is a personal friend of the family.... and the machine switches from 2d to 3d and she does it for me every time even though its 'not covered' by insurance... we also have a private facility here in buffalo that solely does 3d and 3d scan packages.... I'm sure pricing may be different wherever you are located but its between 100$ and 250$ depnding on how long you want the session to be and if you want the dvd, etc....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lulu_tattoos
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:36 AM
I plan to have mine done around 33 weeks. The place here has packages from about 100 to 300+
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherd09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:41 AM
I had one done at 23 weeks, it was free because I am on medicaid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blue_Spiral
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:45 AM

I'd rather get as few ultrasounds as possible. I'm not sure if I believe they're actually dangerous, but what's the point? By the time you can get it done you're not that far from seeing the kid anyway...

Better safe than sorry.

mommylove818
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Well I live in Cali but so far I've done 2 3d 4d ultrasounds first one was 11 weeks $45. second free because I've gone wt both my pregnancies but it would have cost us $75 for 30-40 mnts wt 7pics and a video :) and I was 16weeks. I would ask them because when I went my baby lookd funny he was to little lol we are going again at 28 or 30 weeks I heard that's the best time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured