Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How come you cant drink water with a glucose test? Update in replies

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM
  • 63 Replies
The doctor said i cant eat or drink anything after midnight. But last i checked water doesnt spike your blood sugar. I get so thirsty at night. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jasyoung2012
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I hope my dr doesnt feel that way...I stay up until my husband gets home at 4:30 am and we eat a supper together and bed by 5:15...but all my appts are in the afternoon...i understand being thirsty at night...so here is a bump for u

sissy852
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:39 AM
my appointment is tomorrow at 8:30. And it is a 3 hour test. They are skipping the one hour. :(

Quoting jasyoung2012:

I hope my dr doesnt feel that way...I stay up until my husband gets home at 4:30 am and we eat a supper together and bed by 5:15...but all my appts are in the afternoon...i understand being thirsty at night...so here is a bump for u

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jasyoung2012
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:49 AM

ooooo...well I am taking the 1 hour test...are you at high risk?

risa_alvarez
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I just took the one hour on Friday and was allowed to drink water. I failed that test (knew I was going to because I'm hyprothyridic and it can mess up the results on the one hour test), I have to take the 3 hour Wednesday and the instructions they gave me say water is fine.

Apollos82
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:52 AM
I didn't even have to fast! :-/ I'm sorry. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlinsmom09
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I drank water before my 3 hour. I didn't chug a gallon or anything, just sips here and there so I didn't pass out.

I don't remember if my dr. had said whether or not I could though.

Teenmommy1119
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:55 AM
I didn't have to fast. But I couldn't drink water for that hour! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommawhite08
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:59 AM

they don't want you to drink water because it can make your blood sugar lower.  Thats what gets me about that test, who would eat that much sugar and then not drink anything?????  I just took small sips of water when I woke up at night, way less than normal, just enough so I could go back to sleep!

Diamondblue1
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM

i guess maybe the water interfereswith the drink i was able to drink a little water before i took the test not that much though

Mia055
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:58 AM
They said I could drink water so not sure why they are telling you you can't =/....I was told that I couldn't have anything sweet within 2 hours of doing the test like no pancakes with syrup for breakfast and such like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN