Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How come you cant drink water with a glucose test? Update in replies

Posted by   + Show Post
The doctor said i cant eat or drink anything after midnight. But last i checked water doesnt spike your blood sugar. I get so thirsty at night. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
Katie44
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:46 AM
I couldnt drink water after midnight and had to fast
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Akie
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:19 AM
I'm not suppose to eat or drink anything after midnight... However I work third... And 12hr shifts... My doc said that it was ok to drink water after midnight just don't tell them bc they will assume I drank other things...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Some doctors say you can, others say you can't.  My doctor didn't have a problem with me eating or drinking up to the minute before my test, but just cautioned me to stay away from foods with a lot of sugar (bread, cereal, juice, etc).  

RhondaVeggie
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Water is fine. They made me drink a lot of water before my three hour test because nobody told me they'd want a urine test before starting and I peed just before I went to the office. I had to drink about four or five cups before I could go.
LaughingTattoo
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:10 AM

I cant eat after midnight but I can have water. The not eating thing will be an issue though bc I will pass out if I dont eat by 8 AM

sissy852
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:14 AM
No i am not high risk. the doctor just decided to skip the 1 hour. I am going to beg for the 1 hour

Quoting jasyoung2012:

ooooo...well I am taking the 1 hour test...are you at high risk?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazie0723
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I was always told nothing but water after 12am.

QJsmommy
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM
I was told I cam ONLY drink water.. you might want to double check.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Id tell them your not doing the 3 hour without the 1hour.

Quoting sissy852:

my appointment is tomorrow at 8:30. And it is a 3 hour test. They are skipping the one hour. :(

Quoting jasyoung2012:

I hope my dr doesnt feel that way...I stay up until my husband gets home at 4:30 am and we eat a supper together and bed by 5:15...but all my appts are in the afternoon...i understand being thirsty at night...so here is a bump for u

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I was supposed to fast for mine and I didn't.  I passed the 1 hour when I was pregnant with DS. I still have a few more weeks before I have to do it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN