Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Preeclampsia

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:41 PM
  • 6 Replies
Anyone else have it? I've been diagnosed with mild preeclampsia and been having contractions all morning. Nothing I can't talk through, but I was wondering if because I have pre e, if I should go in? I'm 36w4d
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bshoemaker
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I would go get checked out. I had pre-e with my son and he was taken by c-section at 37 weeks because my blood pressure was so high and I was retaining so much water. Better safe than sorry!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:27 PM

You should call your doctor and ask. Good luck!

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I would go to the doctor or call. I got pre e with my twins at 34 weeks but on a tuesday at 33 weeks and 6 days I went in the hospital to have them stop my contractions. They did a urine test and I did not have pre e then at all and by that saturday I was back with contractions and what I thought was leaking fluid they gave me a urine test and immediately had me and my twins transferred to a hospital in the city with a NICU because I was gettting severe I had them the next morning via c section becuase my body was starting to deteriorate and my baby b was suffering. If you start feeling itchy or dizzy it is time to get to the hospital that is dangerous! Good luck you should be ok to deliver baby at 36 weeks but still if you do not and you wait you can die.

Onesecsmile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:30 PM
I'm being tested for it again and I'm almost 38 weeks. I'm doing the 24 hour urine test for the second time today. My protein levels are really high but my blood pressure is normal. I think you should go in or call!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I've had it once almost 2x, My firstborn son was born still due to a victim of it(I was 29wks 2dys). My BP rose so high that I nearly died. My 2 year old I almost had it with him, when I was 36wks 6dys I went into the hospital with symptoms and alot of swelling, I had a csection that day at 36wks 6dys-I was also have contractions too, My BP was high but no protien in my urine so they didn't want to take a chance. I have been keeping an eye on things with this baby, everytime I goto the doctor's office I ask about my BP and so far it's been good. I have also been paying attention to how much water I am retaining and my swelling, we scheduled my csection for 39wks but also kept in mind that if my bp goes up and there is protien in my urine I will be having him at the earliest at 37wks.  I would definately get it checked out.  

xMamaMiax
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I've had preeclampsia twice.  As far as the contractions go, they will just send you home unless they are regular say every 3 minutes, or if you are having MORE then 10 an hour.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)