Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Tell me your experiences with pre eclampsia

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:59 PM
  • 18 Replies

I am being monitered for pre eclampsia and I am curious what your guy's experiences have been. 

Tell me about your delivery and your recovery please. 

Were you on magnesium??

Be honest. I want the truth so I can prepare.

I am a repeat c section patient. 

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fightclmembr
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM
It came on suddenly my protein was 800+, I felt like I was dying!!!

Went immediately for an energency induction. Induced labor was hell, but I felt a million times better when I had my DS, my BP went back to normal pretty quickly!

With my third, the headaches started suddenly at the end. During one I was scared I had a stroke, took me a long time to gather the strength to get out of bed and wake DH! From then my protein went up and up, BP would spike...so another immediate induction, it was even harder, my longest labor ever! And it took a while, about 5 weeks for my BP to normalize.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Were you given magnesium with with deliveries? 

I guess I am curious if EVERYONE needs it after the baby is born, or only if you BP doesn't go back down. 

Quoting Fightclmembr:

Went immediately for an energency induction. Induced labor was hell, but I felt a million times better when I had my DS, my BP went back to normal pretty quickly!

With my third, the headaches started suddenly at the end. During one I was scared I had a stroke, took me a long time to gather the strength to get out of bed and wake DH! From then my protein went up and up, BP would spike...so another immediate induction, it was even harder, my longest labor ever! And it took a while, about 5 weeks for my BP to normalize.

JenMarie87
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I had it with my first baby and I ended up being induced at 34 weeks because my blood pressure got to like 180/120. I had a normal vaginal delivery but I was hooked up to a magnesium drip the whole time and that stuff makes you really hot. It was horrible. They got me a fan but it still didn't help much. I couldn't see him or hold him until he was a day old because I had to stay hooked up to the magnesium for 24 hours and they wouldn't let me out of bed. That was terrible. The nurse brought me a picture of him 2 hours after he was born but it's just not the same. He was okay other than the sucking/swallowing/breathing thing - he would quit breathing while he was taking his bottle. So he had to stay in the NICU for 2 weeks until he got over that. Same EXACT thing happened with my twins. Sky high blood pressure and induction at 34 weeks.  Same deal with sucking/swallowing/breathing... they were in the NICU for 2 weeks. I had no complications at all with my middle child though. I am now 5 weeks pregnant and we are going to find out how many babies we're having on Friday. My numbers are kind of high so my doctor suspects it may be twins again. However many babies there are, I am just hoping for a smooth pregnancy. lol. I have lost over 100 pounds so I think that alone lowers my risk for preeclampsia. Anyway... good luck!!!

pregnancy calendar

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

JenMarie87
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone who is induced due to preeclampsia has to have the magnesium.

Quoting AllThatBabyJazz:

I guess I am curious if EVERYONE needs it after the baby is born, or only if you BP doesn't go back down. 

Quoting Fightclmembr:

pregnancy calendar

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Fightclmembr
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
No I wasn't. My midwife said she would do all she could to keep me off magnesium!

Quoting AllThatBabyJazz:

Quoting Fightclmembr:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Thanks ladies for your input
Sweet_Britt
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:02 AM
I had 2 of my sons early at 32 weeks and my 3rd at 28 weeks. I had Pre E and HELLP Syndrome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I've had it once almost 2x, My firstborn son was born still due to a victim of it(I was 29wks 2dys). My BP rose so high that I nearly died. My 2 year old I almost had it with him, when I was 36wks 6dys I went into the hospital with symptoms and alot of swelling, I had a csection that day at 36wks 6dys-I was also have contractions too, My BP was high but no protien in my urine so they didn't want to take a chance. I have been keeping an eye on things with this baby, everytime I goto the doctor's office I ask about my BP and so far it's been good. I have also been paying attention to how much water I am retaining and my swelling, we scheduled my csection for 39wks but also kept in mind that if my bp goes up and there is protien in my urine I will be having him at the earliest at 37wks. I was in the hospital for 5 days with my stillborn son(24 hours on magnesium) I had him vaginally because my BP was so high.

My little Mason I had almost pre-e with him/I was 36wks 6dys. I was showing signs(migraine type headaches that last days/swelling) and all I needed was for the protien to be in my Urine and it wouldv'e turned into pre-clampsia. I also had a csection that day, I was also on Magnesium for 24 hours after my csection.

I have been paying alot of attention to myself(I am 25wks 3dys) So far everything has been going well and my swelling so far hasn't been so bad. I have my csection scheduled already at 39wks knowing that it could be earlier due to BP issues. 

PrincessGemini
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM

When I was 38 weeks with my now 9 month old I went in for my weekly check-up and did the pee in the cup thing they had me do every week. There was protein in it than they said indicated early stages of pre-eclampsia and they asked me how I had been feeling. That morning I had been feeling kind of light headed and dizzy, I thought it was just because I hadn't eaten enough for breakfast. So my doctor said she thought it would be best to induce so she sent me up to the hospital and they started pitocin. I had my son 3 hours later.

mommy2484
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I have a 15 month old and whenever i was 31 weeks pregnant i went into my OB for a check up and BP was high so ended up sending me to hospital... was in there about 4 days and they finally decided to deliver my babygirl by emergency c-section. she was 9 weeks premature and had to stay in the NICU for 2 months  i was not on the magnisum drip...good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN