Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Nursing while pregnant. Owww!

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:59 AM
  • 11 Replies
Anything I can do to help alleviate some of the tenderness and soreness when he nurses? I am desperate! Will lanolin help?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jakesmom323
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Medela Thera shells protect your nipples as they heal. Lanolin helps keeps them moisturized too. I use nipple shields too. I feel like I have a lot of devices for my boobies but it works for me. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Rachel on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmylilbean
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I'm not sure, here's a bump, good luck! I nursed the first month-2 while pregnant but dried up and my daughter self-weaned at 14 months :(

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I wish I knew..I usually stopped nursing, but here is a bump

Char07
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Sometimes a calcium magnesium supplement can help, it did for me as well as limiting nursing sessions of your nursling is old enough. For me the pain came and went but wasn't always bad, I think weeks 4-12 were worse then 12-22 were good then 22-28 were a little worse then she weaned. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Rachel on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:24 PM
I am 7 weeks and it hurts so much! During the day it isn't so bad because the only time he is on for an extended period is when he taks a nap. At night it is awful! we co-sleep to make bf easier. When he falls asleep and the boob slides out, he cries and wants it again. Then when he has his paci and is content with not having boob, he wants to pinch and scratch my nipples. I forgot how sensitive they got!

Quoting Char07:

Sometimes a calcium magnesium supplement can help, it did for me as well as limiting nursing sessions of your nursling is old enough. For me the pain came and went but wasn't always bad, I think weeks 4-12 were worse then 12-22 were good then 22-28 were a little worse then she weaned. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM

It doesn't last long, maybe a couple of weeks.

How old is your little one? Congrats on the pregnancy :)

Char07
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Mine was like that early on too, that's when I was taking the cal mag, I remember wishing she would just stop nursing nonstop all night (which she hadn't before that was new) but it didn't last long. I took every chance I could to sneak her off and put my shirts back in place at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3rd2bedue
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:28 PM

lol, a lot of devices for your boobies {chuckle}! Me too though, pumping for now (he is in the NICU for a couple days yet) and then itll really be put to the test. Buying and trying out my nipple shields for the first time today when we go to visit him. Soreness is coming on though from my hand pump... not too worried as ive got an amazing pain tolerance! ^_^ Ive got sorta flat nipples though so shields for me for now im thinking!

Quoting jakesmom323:

Medela Thera shells protect your nipples as they heal. Lanolin helps keeps them moisturized too. I use nipple shields too. I feel like I have a lot of devices for my boobies but it works for me. Lol.

M.kadester.J
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:30 PM
This.

Im nursing my 20mo and 13ish Weeks right now, it was uncomfortable and often painful up until the past week... Its slowly getting better! Just sick to it and itll be better soon!

Quoting Randi02:

It doesn't last long, maybe a couple of weeks.

How old is your little one? Congrats on the pregnancy :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN