Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

decrease in fetal movement

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:01 PM
  • 15 Replies
I am currently 26 weeks 4 days. This is our 4th pregnancy. On a normal day I am begging this baby to stop moving. He is so active. But for the last 2 days I have had a significant decrease in fetal movement. Even when I lay down and eat or drink. I maybe get a small movement once in a few hours. I've tried bouncing my belly ( which always gets him moving ) and nothing. Should I be concerned? .... oh and do hiccups count as "fetal movement"?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CubsFan1
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Drink ice cold water and lay on your left side. Or eat or drink something sugary. If that doesnt work, go to l&d.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffluv81
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM

BUMP!

RhondaVeggie
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:07 PM
I could have written this post. We are at the same point and I was at the doctors this morning because my little one was barely moving. She perked up a little in the waiting room and then gave the Doppler a good hard kick during the exam. Sometimes they just like to freak us out. I'd call the doctor and get checked out for your peace of mind if nothing else.
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:09 PM
I did that around 12. I ate 3 sloppy jos ( lol I was hungry ) and a few chips and a glass of juice. Layed on the couch with my kids and nothing.. so now DH just gave me a pepsi to see if that will get him moving. So far nothing. I can feel the position he's in ( same position all day ) and dh was just bouncing him around , and nothing....

Quoting CubsFan1:

Drink ice cold water and lay on your left side. Or eat or drink something sugary. If that doesnt work, go to l&d.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radellia
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Call your OB and get an appt! Even if just for peace of mind's sake
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Call your dr. Chances are things are fine, and he's just tired and relaxing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bitemebetty
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:11 PM
I was told if you don't get 10 kicks on two hours go to l &d
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Thanks. I wasn't sure how many kicks to look for and for how long. I just felt / saw a nice kick under my ribs so let's hope he keeps it up for me :)

Quoting Bitemebetty:

I was told if you don't get 10 kicks on two hours go to l &d
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBugMom09
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Call your OB and go get checked. I had the same thing happen to me at 36 weeks and I went and got checked. Heartbeat was fine. A few days later, he still wasn't moving, I went again, heartbeat was fine. Went back again a couple days later and this time OB ordered an U/S. The heartbeat was still fine but the tech did see that baby wasn't moving how he should and scored very low on his fetal movement score.

My OB induced me the next day and when he came out, he had the chord wrapped 3 times around his neck. Sure, I drove my docand nurses crazy going in all the time, but I was right. Something was wrong and if I had just let it go..... I don't even want to think about it.

Follow your instincts and go get checked. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Do hiccups count?

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

Call your OB and go get checked. I had the same thing happen to me at 36 weeks and I went and got checked. Heartbeat was fine. A few days later, he still wasn't moving, I went again, heartbeat was fine. Went back again a couple days later and this time OB ordered an U/S. The heartbeat was still fine but the tech did see that baby wasn't moving how he should and scored very low on his fetal movement score.

My OB induced me the next day and when he came out, he had the chord wrapped 3 times around his neck. Sure, I drove my docand nurses crazy going in all the time, but I was right. Something was wrong and if I had just let it go..... I don't even want to think about it.

Follow your instincts and go get checked. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)