Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Irritable in late pregnancy?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:07 PM
  • 17 Replies

Are there any other moms who are in their third trimester and feeling really grumpy and sensitive?

I feel terrible but being so tired and achy and uncomfortable is making me bitchy. I am 32 weeks and ready for this to be over!

I keep snapping at my husband and getting offended by innocent things he says. My daughter talks alot, whines alot, and asks the same questions a million times (because she is 4 and 4 year olds do that) and I keep ending up yelling or snapping at her and then feeling awful. The things they do that normally only bug me a little are seriously annoying me right now. I just want to be alone most of the time.

Normal?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirstensmommie
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I'll be 39 weeks Saturday and I'm over being pregnant. I will not force him out, but I am so sick of people asking me when he's coming, or why I'm still working. I have one lady at work that ask me everytime I see her when I'm going to the hospital. I finally told her "When ever the hell he decides to come."  I have my day where I'm happy and in no hurry for him to come, but I have alot of days where I just want to snap peoples necks. It only gets harder to keep your mouth shut and be nice to people.

ckapps4911
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:36 PM

im in my 30th week and i know exactly how u feel!!! my husband is usually a total sweetheart and a dork which any other time would make me smile and laugh and now i just snap on him...even kissing him annoys me cuz it feels like hes all over my face (which he sometimes is lol, he likes to give the lots of tiny kisses everywhere) and when he does that now i just wanna punch him in the face. i dont want him anywhere near me and honestly if he is then its a health hazzard for him cuz eventually i prolly will snap and smother him with a pillow to get him to shut up lmao (jk but feels like i will!) so ur definatly not alone!!

misstaylor85
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Yep, I have been about 20 seconds away from snapping. But even when I am not pregnant if I am hurting, or sick or not feeling well I get really bitchy so it's not like it's a new thing for the family to deal with lol.

misstaylor85
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Quoting kirstensmommie:

I'll be 39 weeks Saturday and I'm over being pregnant. I will not force him out, but I am so sick of people asking me when he's coming, or why I'm still working. I have one lady at work that ask me everytime I see her when I'm going to the hospital. I finally told her "When ever the hell he decides to come."  I have my day where I'm happy and in no hurry for him to come, but I have alot of days where I just want to snap peoples necks. It only gets harder to keep your mouth shut and be nice to people.

I have the same issue with stupid people!!! I will be 34weeks tommorrow and it is the most annoying thing ever to keep being asked the same freaking thing over and over again. Then I have my mom calling me constantly because she needs to know when to be here so she doesn't miss the birth.... (she is currently living across country from me) UGH. I am going back to bed.

RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM

oh momma I am right there with you today. I am so grumpy and just not in the mood for anything. I just want to go lay in bed and read a book... DD is getting cabin fever because it has rained most days for the last few weeks... but everything I suggest we do for fun she doesnt want too... If I hear one more...I dont wanna... Im gonna puke. DH is a pain in the neck too... he left his mess from breakfast out today and it seriously pissed me off... How hard is it to put the bowl & glass in the sink?? no just leave it on the counter and figure Ill do it... sure why not just one more mess to clean. then he gets mad when I do too much around the house... well umm did you see the mess.. yes. did you clean it.. no... then that obviously leaves me doesnt it... umm yeah.

I think being 32 weeks and the weather isnt helping either

Frannylove12
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I am very irritable already, my little sisters are totally annoying and immature and they are 13 and 17. They yell a lot at each other and I am already stressed enough. At work, the littlest things bug the hell out of me, and I snapped on my boss once. Luckily he was understanding and just sent me home for the rest of the day. I am only 14 w and 3 days. Pray for me lol =/

Taynhannahsmom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:43 PM
So normal. Hang in there momma :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstensmommie
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Quoting misstaylor85:

Quoting kirstensmommie:

I have the same issue with stupid people!!! I will be 34weeks tommorrow and it is the most annoying thing ever to keep being asked the same freaking thing over and over again. Then I have my mom calling me constantly because she needs to know when to be here so she doesn't miss the birth.... (she is currently living across country from me) UGH. I am going back to bed.

Well everyday my dad will call me to make sure I haven't had the baby. It's like damn I told you I will call you when I'm in labor, I'm not going to forget.  I understand he's worried but you don't need to call everyday, there is nothing you can do for me, your not going to call and catch me having contractions and not telling anyone. UGH, I wish this baby would come so people would leave me alone, lol.

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Hell, I'm only 27 weeks (28 Saturday) and I'm getting that way.  It hasn't been bad up until now, but now I'm just so damn moody.  

I don't really snap at anyone, but I'm just so tired all the time.  And sore.  So freaking sore.  This pelvic pressure might be my undoing.  

People will nicely comment on my bump and all I hear is "my, how fat you've gotten."  

I don't want to be alone, I just want downtime with my husband.  Quiet time.  

So, I'm actually happy to read this post b/c I know I'm not alone in my crazy :) 

frzmamaof4
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM
I'm currently 38 weeks and 2 days, will be 39 weeks on Monday along with my scheduled c-section the same day! I'm completely irritated with just about everything and everyone, including my hubby and kids. I find myself flipping out over the smallest thing and my hubby looks at me like I'm crazy some days because even asking me a question and your head will get bit clear off! I can't wait to feel kinda normal again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN