Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

eggnog

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM
  • 21 Replies

I am craving eggnog. I know its not healthy in general but is it safe to drink while pregnant? Are the eggs cooked or raw?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilostmy_keys
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM

it's fine if it's pasteurized. made my stomach horribly upset the other day, though! too heavy.

Diamondblue1
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM
I think it's safe and if i see it i'm going for it :) it's the holidays and baby will have NOOO complaints once she gets a whiff of it lol
ckapps4911
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM

the eggs in it are usually raw...if u buy it in the carton from the store the egg in it is usually pasturized which is supposed to kill all the bad germs in it but i still wouldnt risk it...if ur really desperate u can look up a recipe for eggnog that has cooked eggs in it and make it at home so u know its safe.

halinichols
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Yummm, I can't wait to have eggnog and rum again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM
As soon as it hits the shelves I'm buying it up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesuschild06
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM

haha ! thats awesome !

Quoting Diamondblue1:

I think it's safe and if i see it i'm going for it :) it's the holidays and baby will have NOOO complaints once she gets a whiff of it lol

Diamondblue1
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting ilostmy_keys:

it's fine if it's pasteurized. made my stomach horribly upset the other day, though! too heavy.

They're selling eggnog where you live already? I don't think i saw any yet where i live i think maybe the end of this month or the first week of november
bebe_ju-rah
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM
I only ever drink it with spiced rum, so I won't be having any this year. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesuschild06
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM

my boyfriends mom saw it the other day where i live, but they didnt have any tonight. the workers said it was probably a random early delivery :( Wish i had the patience to make some, but i am so not a cook

Quoting Diamondblue1:

Quoting ilostmy_keys:

They're selling eggnog where you live already? I don't think i saw any yet where i live i think maybe the end of this month or the first week of november

mamatocaleb
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM

in the store its completely FINE, homemade-rarely will you find a recipe that is safe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN