Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does everyone deal with this?

Posted by   + Show Post

My crotch is hurting something fierce. It feels like it's stretching from side to side. When I got up this morning I could barely walk. I've tried with a pillow between the knees, without. Sitting propped up seems to work the best, but then other stuff hurts.

Are there some preggo stretches I should know about? Any tips, or other ladies suffering the same?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
LadyDIN
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:25 PM

In what position? My sides (how I sleep) seem to make it worse.

Quoting lulu_tattoos:

I often feel like I've been beaten in the crotch with a baseball bat, but lying down usually helps me the most.

QuickMomma
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Yes and it was the worst with my youngest.I just started getting it with this one a couple weeks ago but it's not as bad as it was with my youngest.With her I could hardly walk,needed help out of bed and my husband had to put my panties on for me.Its a pubis dysfunction
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyDIN
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Quoting MsNeene:

I had something similar with my pregnancies in the past. It was worse with my last pregnancy. I did find these gel ice packs (that even when frozen the still were movable and could be formed to fit where you waned them) and I basically wore it like a maxipad inside my panties that way it was kind of right on the pain. Did this for 15 mins on and off over and over again. It didn't get rid of it but it helped numb the pain. I was induced at 36 weeks and through labor it got worse it finally went away a few days after I gave birth.

What causes this? Is it the muscle, or the bone?

LadyDIN
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Was she big? I was thinking it might be because he's big. Measured 5lbs at 32 weeks. (googling pubis dysfunction)

Quoting QuickMomma:

Yes and it was the worst with my youngest.I just started getting it with this one a couple weeks ago but it's not as bad as it was with my youngest.With her I could hardly walk,needed help out of bed and my husband had to put my panties on for me.Its a pubis dysfunction

QuickMomma
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Yes she was big but I had her at 42 weeks and 1 day.Size of baby has nothing to do with it.Its pretty much the bones spreading to far apart which causes the pain.I had it with all 3 but youngest was the worst

Quoting LadyDIN:

Was she big? I was thinking it might be because he's big. Measured 5lbs at 32 weeks. (googling pubis dysfunction)

Quoting QuickMomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyDIN
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:43 PM

How did you deal? I have to get DH to help roll me over in the morning.

Quoting QuickMomma:

Yes she was big but I had her at 42 weeks and 1 day.Size of baby has nothing to do with it.Its pretty much the bones spreading to far apart which causes the pain.I had it with all 3 but youngest was the worst

Quoting LadyDIN:

Quoting QuickMomma:

QuickMomma
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Well thankfully none of the kids were in school then so I didn't have to walk a whole amount but I had to force myself to do things even though I was in pain.Didn't really have a choice and had no one to help me except for my husband when he was home from work.

Quoting LadyDIN:

Quoting QuickMomma:

Quoting LadyDIN:

Quoting QuickMomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuickMomma
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Forgot to add now with this one I get it at times when walking but nothing compared's to how it was with my youngest since with her it was all the time and this time I find the most it happens is when I'm laying down or asleep

Quoting QuickMomma:

Well thankfully none of the kids were in school then so I didn't have to walk a whole amount but I had to force myself to do things even though I was in pain.Didn't really have a choice and had no one to help me except for my husband when he was home from work.

Quoting LadyDIN:

Quoting QuickMomma:

Quoting LadyDIN:

Quoting QuickMomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I recommend a chiropractor too. I love the birthing ball. I have sciatic nerve and SPD when pregnant. I love my chiropractor and massage therapist. With my second it was so bad for two weeks I could not move an cm without being in pain. I was only seeing my chiropractor at the time. So he recommended massage therapist too.

LadyDIN
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:01 PM

That would be great, but IDK if insurance will cover it.

Quoting Raeann11:

I recommend a chiropractor too. I love the birthing ball. I have sciatic nerve and SPD when pregnant. I love my chiropractor and massage therapist. With my second it was so bad for two weeks I could not move an cm without being in pain. I was only seeing my chiropractor at the time. So he recommended massage therapist too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured