Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Does everyone deal with this?

Posted by   + Show Post

My crotch is hurting something fierce. It feels like it's stretching from side to side. When I got up this morning I could barely walk. I've tried with a pillow between the knees, without. Sitting propped up seems to work the best, but then other stuff hurts.

Are there some preggo stretches I should know about? Any tips, or other ladies suffering the same?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Replies (21-27):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Even if it does not. I recommend going. We did not have insurance for a bit and I paid out of pocket for it. We get a 10% off for paying in cash. but for me no insurance was not going to stop me. Even for a massage. Massages are great for the muscle and relaxed muscles also help during labor. So does a back in good alignment too.

Give you insurance a call and find out.

Quoting LadyDIN:

That would be great, but IDK if insurance will cover it.

Quoting Raeann11:

I recommend a chiropractor too. I love the birthing ball. I have sciatic nerve and SPD when pregnant. I love my chiropractor and massage therapist. With my second it was so bad for two weeks I could not move an cm without being in pain. I was only seeing my chiropractor at the time. So he recommended massage therapist too.

LadyDIN
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:07 PM

We live in a relitvly urban area, and walk every where. Like you it's mostly first thing in the morning, getting out of bed and such.

Quoting QuickMomma:

Forgot to add now with this one I get it at times when walking but nothing compared's to how it was with my youngest since with her it was all the time and this time I find the most it happens is when I'm laying down or asleep

Quoting QuickMomma:

Well thankfully none of the kids were in school then so I didn't have to walk a whole amount but I had to force myself to do things even though I was in pain.Didn't really have a choice and had no one to help me except for my husband when he was home from work.

Quoting LadyDIN:

How did you deal? I have to get DH to help roll me over in the morning.

Quoting QuickMomma:

Yes she was big but I had her at 42 weeks and 1 day.Size of baby has nothing to do with it.Its pretty much the bones spreading to far apart which causes the pain.I had it with all 3 but youngest was the worst

Quoting LadyDIN:

Was she big? I was thinking it might be because he's big. Measured 5lbs at 32 weeks. (googling pubis dysfunction)

Quoting QuickMomma:

Yes and it was the worst with my youngest.I just started getting it with this one a couple weeks ago but it's not as bad as it was with my youngest.With her I could hardly walk,needed help out of bed and my husband had to put my panties on for me.Its a pubis dysfunction

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
LadyDIN
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Thank you, I will!

Quoting Raeann11:

Even if it does not. I recommend going. We did not have insurance for a bit and I paid out of pocket for it. We get a 10% off for paying in cash. but for me no insurance was not going to stop me. Even for a massage. Massages are great for the muscle and relaxed muscles also help during labor. So does a back in good alignment too.

Give you insurance a call and find out.

Quoting LadyDIN:

That would be great, but IDK if insurance will cover it.

Quoting Raeann11:

I recommend a chiropractor too. I love the birthing ball. I have sciatic nerve and SPD when pregnant. I love my chiropractor and massage therapist. With my second it was so bad for two weeks I could not move an cm without being in pain. I was only seeing my chiropractor at the time. So he recommended massage therapist too.

lulu_tattoos
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Any position. It's being upright that makes me hurt. Wish I could be more help :(

Quoting LadyDIN:

In what position? My sides (how I sleep) seem to make it worse.

Quoting lulu_tattoos:

I often feel like I've been beaten in the crotch with a baseball bat, but lying down usually helps me the most.

LadyDIN
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM

honestly it's helping just to know it's nothing abnormal/serious. So, thank you for feeling my pain. :)

Quoting lulu_tattoos:

Any position. It's being upright that makes me hurt. Wish I could be more help :(

Quoting LadyDIN:

In what position? My sides (how I sleep) seem to make it worse.

Quoting lulu_tattoos:

I often feel like I've been beaten in the crotch with a baseball bat, but lying down usually helps me the most.

MsNeene
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM
I was told during pregnancy that it was the muscle. I even had to go to a physical therapist for knee and back pain caused by pregnancy but for that pain down there they keep saying muscles stretching for the baby. During labor however it was the bone because my son was sunnyside up they said the back of his skull was running my tailbone as he came down. Nothing they could do but add pressure with their hands and listen to me scream. ( and yes I mean scream at the top of my lungs. ) I'm only 15 weeks in this pregnancy and already I'm feeling that pain and pressure down there I feel like I was "hit" in my lady parts. I can only imagine how my next few months will go because I know once I tell my dr I will get the " making room for baby speech" so until I'm induced ice packs and I are best friends
Quoting LadyDIN:

QuickMomma
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:06 AM
I walk everywhere while my husband is at work.I don't drive lol to scared.Hopefully it gets better!

Quoting LadyDIN:

We live in a relitvly urban area, and walk every where. Like you it's mostly first thing in the morning, getting out of bed and such.

Quoting QuickMomma:

Forgot to add now with this one I get it at times when walking but nothing compared's to how it was with my youngest since with her it was all the time and this time I find the most it happens is when I'm laying down or asleep

Quoting QuickMomma:

Well thankfully none of the kids were in school then so I didn't have to walk a whole amount but I had to force myself to do things even though I was in pain.Didn't really have a choice and had no one to help me except for my husband when he was home from work.

Quoting LadyDIN:

How did you deal? I have to get DH to help roll me over in the morning.

Quoting QuickMomma:

Yes she was big but I had her at 42 weeks and 1 day.Size of baby has nothing to do with it.Its pretty much the bones spreading to far apart which causes the pain.I had it with all 3 but youngest was the worst

Quoting LadyDIN:

Was she big? I was thinking it might be because he's big. Measured 5lbs at 32 weeks. (googling pubis dysfunction)

Quoting QuickMomma:

Yes and it was the worst with my youngest.I just started getting it with this one a couple weeks ago but it's not as bad as it was with my youngest.With her I could hardly walk,needed help out of bed and my husband had to put my panties on for me.Its a pubis dysfunction

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)