Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tubes tied question

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hey ladies I've gotta ask.... When you got your tubes tied did it hurt afterward if so for how long? I had a c-section last Monday and got my tubes tied. I'm in an awful lot of pain. I can feel where my tubes are because they are swollen. It hurts lying on either side and the only relief I get is from my meds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:21 AM
I haven't had mine done, but my doc said it would be more painful after a c section. Call your doc and maybe read up on tubal ligation syndrome. You can find a few posts around Cafemom. Feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
duchessofhearts
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:30 AM
My situation was well... I went into labor on last Monday and my contractions weren't stopping. The strange thing was I wasn't dilating at all. But since I was due for a c-section last Thursday they went on ahead and delivered my son via c-section that night. My doctor wasn't working that night even though he is usually the on call doctor. A woman performed my c-section and idk what she did. She didn't do the tubal my doctor was going to do.

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

I haven't had mine done, but my doc said it would be more painful after a c section. Call your doc and maybe read up on tubal ligation syndrome. You can find a few posts around Cafemom. Feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prncesspeach
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Ugh I know how you feel. For me I hurt about 2 weeks. My sides hurt bad too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
duchessofhearts
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:43 AM
It hurts to lay on my side and my belly and my back. I have to take my hydrocodone before bed so I can function normally during the day. It hurts if I have to go pee like something is going to burst.

Quoting prncesspeach:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prncesspeach
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:55 AM
Yeah it was like that with me too. I read somewhere that the bladder gets messed with during delivery

Quoting duchessofhearts:

It hurts to lay on my side and my belly and my back. I have to take my hydrocodone before bed so I can function normally during the day. It hurts if I have to go pee like something is going to burst.

Quoting prncesspeach:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
duchessofhearts
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:04 AM
I also have hemorrhoids ahhh my body is so messed up

Quoting prncesspeach:

Yeah it was like that with me too. I read somewhere that the bladder gets messed with during delivery

Quoting duchessofhearts:

Quoting prncesspeach:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KDouglas2
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I think you are hurting fromt he C-Section.  I had my tubes tied after a vaginal birth and didnt notice any extra discomfort.

duchessofhearts
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM
But the pain is not near my incision and that was my 3rd c-section and I know what the c-section pain feels like.

Quoting KDouglas2:

I think you are hurting fromt he C-Section.  I had my tubes tied after a vaginal birth and didnt notice any extra discomfort.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM

No, no pain here.

deloit
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:20 PM
i had a tubal almost 5 months ago (with a c-section)and it still hurts sometimes.feels like something moving in there at times when i cough or sneeze
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured