Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Today is my birthday and i wanted to announce...

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you...

Options:

post anyway

wait a few days

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

My pregnancy on FB. Someone else announced their pregnancy this morning (6wks) I am 13wks1day. I don't want to steal her thunder because she had a still born about 3yrs ago and this is our 5th baby. On the other hand we only have about 10 friends in common. What would you do?
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
tuckermum
by Crysta on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Happy birthday and I would wait
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandy1017
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Id announce it, you have waited 13 weeks! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandy1017
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Oh and happy birthday :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Melissa on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Is it a REAL friend or just someone you kind of know?

If it was a real friend I would wait, if it's just a random person you used to know from highscool or something like that then I would say go ahead if it's what you want to do.  It's just facebook so there isn't much thunder stealing that you could do in my opinion and people get pregnant at the same time, it happens.

I know seriously like 15 people who announced their pregnancy right after me on facebook.  Some real friends and some just random "friends" it was weird to see all those pregnant people but not a big deal.  BTW, Happy Birthday :))

CafeMom Tickers

wedding countdown

mama-smurf
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:50 AM
i would wait til ur in safe period of ur pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsNeene
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM
My son was stillborn in 2006 and later that year I had a friend who became pregnant. She waited awhile before posting the news on MySpace ( this was years ago when MySpace was still cool LOL) when she did finally announce I sent her a little congrats message and when she messages me back she told me she was so happy I was ok with it all and that she had actually delayed announcing it because she didn't want to upset me or for me to be sad. To say the least I was very touched that she felt this way. I couldn't believe that she would delay announcing her happiness to spare my feelings. I mean she and her hubby were both military living in Germany and MySpace was a major way he communicate to everyone. I told her that I appreciated what sh and done and that it was sweet of her but I let her know there was no need to shield her joy. I would be excited for her regardless. She is my friend. And good friends never let jealousy ruin something as important as a new life.

Also had another friend of mine my son that was stillborn in 2006 she was his godmother and we both were pregnant together due about a week or so apart. Her due date was actually my stillborn sons birthday. She actually lied and hid her due date from me for months until I finally figured it out because of course we are best friends and I was actually trying to TTC so I was all into tracking and stuff but something about her dates and appointments and what happened wasn't adding up so I told her girl you need to switch doctors that's not right I think they have your date wrong and in concerned because I want you to get the best care and that's when she told me the truth. Again I appreciated her thinking of me but I felt bad because I never want my friends to have to hide their joy. I want them to enjoy their pregnancy experience to the fullest and announcing prganqncy and due dates is a big part of that.

So I said that to say go ahead and post your good news today!! :-) don't feel bad. I think it would be one thing if she posted she lost her baby today then i would say definitly wait awhile but its a whole different situation since she announced a new baby there is no reason why you can't.
navygf07
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I say post, because even thou she suffered a tragic loss the both of you can be there for each other during your pregnancy's!! I had a friend back home and we both went thru our pregnancies together. Her daughter was born on 1.9.07 and my son was born on 3.8.07 :D) such an awesome feeling!! If she cannot or does not like it well then there is not much you can do about it..it's your life not hers..may sound selfish but you have to celebrate life!!!

Heather2001
by Heather on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I'd do what I wanted.  What did you do?

heatherd09
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I would post! :) I'm sure your friend wouldn't mind. I wouldn't say you're "stealing her thunder" at all, its just facebook.

Dinosaurspiders
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I would wait a few days, but thats just me, I don't like to cause any drama or ill-feelings. You aren't doing anything bad by posting today that's not bad at all, but it's not bad to be sensitive to her moment either. Plus, then you get a moment all to yourself if you wait. Well that's my two cents, good luck. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)