Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Today is my birthday and i wanted to announce...

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you...

Options:

post anyway

wait a few days

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

My pregnancy on FB. Someone else announced their pregnancy this morning (6wks) I am 13wks1day. I don't want to steal her thunder because she had a still born about 3yrs ago and this is our 5th baby. On the other hand we only have about 10 friends in common. What would you do?
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Replies (21-30):
birthymom4
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Post.

I have sympathy for those who have lost (I have lost repeatedly and had a ectopic so I know what it is like) BUT I am against walking on eggshells for anyone.

We can not please everyone.

birthymom4
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Quoting ilostmy_keys:

Wait. Really.

The day after I told my fb friends abt my loss in 09, a "friend" of mine announced her pregnancy and plastered it all over my wall. I haven't spoken to her since. She knew abt my mc, she was one of the first I told. Selfish if you ask me. It wont affect you to wait a few days. It will affect her greatly if you do not.

Did she plaster it on your wall? Or did it come up in the news feed?

Pregnancy%20ticker

Goofygadget
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Why would you want to suddenly announce it on the same day she did? You've had 9 weeks to tell everyone. Doing it now would be like stealing her thunder. Id give it a few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilostmy_keys
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Both

Quoting birthymom4:

Quoting ilostmy_keys:

Wait. Really.

The day after I told my fb friends abt my loss in 09, a "friend" of mine announced her pregnancy and plastered it all over my wall. I haven't spoken to her since. She knew abt my mc, she was one of the first I told. Selfish if you ask me. It wont affect you to wait a few days. It will affect her greatly if you do not.

Did she plaster it on your wall? Or did it come up in the news feed?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazyMommy87
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Quoting ilostmy_keys:

I decided to wait. So now I'll announce after my 20wks
xxMichellexx
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I would post :) Most people wait unti lthey are 3 months before announcing on facebook and you are 13 weeks,and you only have 10 friends in common :) I am having my 5th and every pregnancy is special and a joyous event that we want to announce,....

BlessedMommyNE
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I would just wait a few days...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilByrd
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM

i would be to excited to wait. I would post. 

BosGirl0906
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM
If you're ready for everyone to know then go ahead and post it. It's not going to make her announcement any less exciting to her or any less special. And its silly to think it means you're being insensitive. I've had two m/c this year and my best friend gave birth to a baby boy in July. She was very considerate of my feelings but at the same time, just because I'm grieving doesn't mean I had the right to tell her she couldn't enjoy her pregnancy. Go for it. It's jus as much your special time as it is hers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msswisher08
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I'd just wait till like Sunday or something. Say it was your bday present lol. Or maybe wrap your belly in bday ribbon and post the pic to see of anyone gets it. I just say this because EVERYoNE will be posting on your wall and your annoucement may get lost in all the feed. But congrats and happy bday!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN