Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby name

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:05 PM
  • 10 Replies
So dh and i came up with a beautiful name but my problem my mil hates the name with a passion .

My dd name will be Justyce Elaine Catherine
Idk why she hates its but now my dh wants to make her happy i am the one having the c section not her why can't i just name my dd and ppl just shut up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bebe_ju-rah
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:09 PM
That sucks. I'd tell her to shove it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lextjmom0709
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:11 PM
I want to really I do but don't wanna hurt dh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TLQSlovesME
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:16 PM

LOL! my MIL is like that, too. For a girl, me and my boyfriend chose Brooke Madison. My MIL was like, "why not Isabella? Isabella Madison, Brooke Isabella, Madison Isabella?" & I'm like, "For one, me nor Travis like the name. For two, my older sister gave up her daughter for adoption and that was her name. And for three, your niece's daughter is named Isabella!!!" And my boyfriend's dad is SET on us naming our son after him (if it ends up being a boy) Like, I don't have a problem doing so, but let it be mine and my boyfriend's choice! Jeez!

Heather2001
by Heather on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't let your MIL dictate what you name YOUR child.  She had her chance, this is your chance.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Ugh. Your baby = you pick!

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Astrachanca
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:29 AM
This is why we chose not to announce our name to anyone until he's born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ginnygurl97
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:39 AM
My mil was doing the same thing! If we were having a girl it was either Natalie Rose or Abigail Rose. And she hated both of those and kept telling us we should name it Miley Lee. Lee is her middle. No offense. But I absolutely HATE that name. It's not my problem if she had three boys. THANK GOD WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!! And it's Thomas John. Well she still thinks its not great. My older son picked Thomas and me and bf decided on John as it both our dads middle names.

Bottom line- it's YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND'S BABY. Not hers! I know you don't want to hurt his feelings just try to tell him how much it means to you or that the name has a significance to you. I think it's absolutely beautiful. Good luck Momma!!! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
benandarasmom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I would name her what you want, but I think you should spell Justice right! :)
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:13 AM

Quoting Heather2001:

Don't let your MIL dictate what you name YOUR child.  She had her chance, this is your chance.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lextjmom0709
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:58 AM
See Elaine is both of our mothers middle name so that was easy for us and Catherine.is my grandma name we choice that because she is not doing well at all and don't believe she will meet the baby. Justyce is the only girl name we liked or could agree on

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

My mil was doing the same thing! If we were having a girl it was either Natalie Rose or Abigail Rose. And she hated both of those and kept telling us we should name it Miley Lee. Lee is her middle. No offense. But I absolutely HATE that name. It's not my problem if she had three boys. THANK GOD WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!! And it's Thomas John. Well she still thinks its not great. My older son picked Thomas and me and bf decided on John as it both our dads middle names.

Bottom line- it's YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND'S BABY. Not hers! I know you don't want to hurt his feelings just try to tell him how much it means to you or that the name has a significance to you. I think it's absolutely beautiful. Good luck Momma!!! :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured