Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Help!! If anyone's awake...

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM
  • 21 Replies

I'm almost 27 weeks...and for a little over an hour I've been having extreme cramps, and it almost feels like it's hurting into my cervix/vagina if that makes sense.  My back is tense and I've had a few actual "contractions."  I thought it was just braxton hicks so I layed down and the pain will go down to a dull aching and then it'll start killing me again.  On a scale of 1 to 10, the pain is about an 8 or 9.  Should I go to the ER or call my doctor?  I don't want to call this late for something that is probably nothing but I'm freaking out and in so much pain!  What do I do?

CafeMom Tickers

wedding countdown

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Duquesne
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM
How far along are you? Never mind...I see now. I think you're to go to l&d at this point, not the er.

i would Take some cal-mag, two glasses if water...take a warm shower and lie down...see if that helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Avetay
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:05 AM
I would get a call into your dr ASAP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Melissa on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:05 AM

27 weeks.  I've been laying down and I thought the pain was going away but then it came back again and again.  Not sure what to do at this point.  My husband is on his way home from work and he's about 2 hours away so I'm alone and not sure if I should wait or call the doctor or go to the hospital.  I really would feel stupid if I called the doctor over nothing.

Quoting Duquesne:

How far along are you?

Take some cal-mag, two glasses if water...take a warm shower and lie down...see if that helps.

CafeMom Tickers

wedding countdown

benandarasmom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:05 AM
I would go get checked out just to be on the safe side. Good luck mama!
mandy1017
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:08 AM
I would go get checked out to be on the safe side. Better safe than sorry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Melissa on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I've also had to pee A LOT about 3 times in the past 15 minutes, I thought I was going to pee myself, my baby is generally low but he hasn't been in the past few weeks...I don't know what the heck is going on with me or what to think.  The pain is going down now so I am going to wait and see what happens one more time.

CafeMom Tickers

wedding countdown

SamanthaSage
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:16 AM

You should probably call your doctor or the ER. I'm at 27 weeks also and have never felt anything like what you've described.

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM

It could be the baby turning if you are not bleeding or leaking fluid or anything you should be ok but I never take any chances I would go get looked at. Is the baby still moving?

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM
You mentioned that it comes and goes. Stay laying down and start writing down the times that it starts and ends. Do that for an hour.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Also wanted to add I am 7 weeks 6 days and I do get those same pains in my cervix/ vagina area. I know it is nothing I just had a sono on Wednesday and seen the baby is fine . Also drink more water!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)