Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Trying to beat an induction date....HELP!!!!MORE INFO ON TOP!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

More INFO

Ok so I know I don't have to be induced But Baby a and baby b are head down for the first time So my chances are less likely that I will need a C section That said I did cancel my induction and let them come when they are ready ALSO ir rook a long time to find a OB that would over see me in labor naturally with twins 

So I am 39 week 5 days with twins!I am aiming for a all natural delivery But I will be induce on Sunday if not! Noooooo I really don't wanna be induced because more then likely I will have to have a c section! So anyone have any suggestions on how I can get labor stated? I am all ready 4cm dilated and 100% effaced. 

I have:

• Had sex
  • Walked 3 miles
  • Did the oil YUKKKKKKKK
  • Red raspberry leaf tea
  • Had a membrane sweep 3 times
  • Jumping jacks
  • Squats 
  • Bumpy car ride
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Replies (41-45):
silka08
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:49 PM
I used in last pregnancy and had moderate PP hemorrhage immediately after delivery. It was just monitored then I was given cytotec I think to cramp and control bleeding. I had an extremely fast delivery which would explain some of the bleeding, whivh hapoened in previous delivery, but was worse this time. I knew blood thinner before using, and would be risk but didnt think bout increasing blood loss. Nothings without risk :-) I've never had so much as IV in labor, but really anyrhing has risks.

Quoting louzannalady:

It is a possiblity, because it is a blood thinner. It just isn't ideal to take orally right before birth. It is says on the facts about it, that if you are having a surgery to stop taking it two weeks before the procedure.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/1006.html#Safety

Quoting silka08:

Random, bit would EPO increase risk of PP hemorrhage?

Quoting louzannalady:

Just be careful with oral EPO. It is a blood thinner!

Quoting RunningMom81:

you can take evening primose oil orally and stick it up inside your cervix (Poke holes in the capsules and insert just before you crawl into bed)  you can also take black and blue cohash but you'd have to research it more, i don't remember how much you are supposed to take.  if you have a breast pump you can pump one side till you have a contraction then switch and pump the other side.  make sure you deep squat as low as you can with your legs apart and pelvis open with all contractions.  and above all - i agree with everyone saying you have the right to refuse induction!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Exactly! Everything carries risks. Everything carries a benefit. It is just being aware of both and weighing the risks and benefits within the given situation. : ) What works for one person would be a disaster for another. That is why there is cookie-cutter answer for all pregnancies nor all births! : )

Quoting silka08:

I used in last pregnancy and had moderate PP hemorrhage immediately after delivery. It was just monitored then I was given cytotec I think to cramp and control bleeding. I had an extremely fast delivery which would explain some of the bleeding, whivh hapoened in previous delivery, but was worse this time. I knew blood thinner before using, and would be risk but didnt think bout increasing blood loss. Nothings without risk :-) I've never had so much as IV in labor, but really anyrhing has risks.

Quoting louzannalady:

It is a possiblity, because it is a blood thinner. It just isn't ideal to take orally right before birth. It is says on the facts about it, that if you are having a surgery to stop taking it two weeks before the procedure.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/1006.html#Safety

Quoting silka08:

Random, bit would EPO increase risk of PP hemorrhage?

Quoting louzannalady:

Just be careful with oral EPO. It is a blood thinner!

Quoting RunningMom81:

you can take evening primose oil orally and stick it up inside your cervix (Poke holes in the capsules and insert just before you crawl into bed)  you can also take black and blue cohash but you'd have to research it more, i don't remember how much you are supposed to take.  if you have a breast pump you can pump one side till you have a contraction then switch and pump the other side.  make sure you deep squat as low as you can with your legs apart and pelvis open with all contractions.  and above all - i agree with everyone saying you have the right to refuse induction!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxMichellexx
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Clary sage oil.. You burn it:) and it worked with my first 2 who were overdue:).. Clary sage oil stimulates contractions and was recommended at ante natal classes with my first..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Any mother could have her baby anywhere from 2 weeks before the "due" date to two weeks after the "due" date and still be full term birth. 

My mother had me a month "late". She feels that I was late, the doctors feel that they were wrong on the due date. 

I would let nature take it's course and only let them induce if it would be unhealthy for you or your unborn baby to have you wait until it happens naturally. The body usually knows when it's time. And will tell you. 

Mother's have been having babies for quite a long time now. Doctors have only been around for a little while. Let your body tell you when it's time.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I just heard that rosewater will help to speed the process along. I don't know any more than that. You'll have to google it.

Hope this helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN