Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

quick advice!!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:36 PM
  • 3 Replies

I need some advice there was a misunderstanding with my grandmother and I over if she was going to be in the delivery room when I deliver. I had told her if I was going to deliver at a certain hospital and they allow 3 ppl and the room I'd like her to be that person. The hospital we have chosen is literally a block from our house and it will be easier for my husband to go back and fourth to take care if my 2 yrold daughter. I had already told my MIL she could be there and my husband since she was there last time. My Grandmother has found out we have decided not go with that other hospital.. and her feelings are hurt. I'm just at this point ready to say I just wasn't my husband with me and that's it. Would it be wrong to just tell his Mom we handed changed our mind. Just to keep the peace between both families??? what would you do?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
purvislets
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Just explain to your grandmother that unfortunately this hospital only allows 2 people in instead of 3 so she won't be able to be in there when you deliver.  You may be able to work out an agreement with the doctor on duty and the nursing staff the day you deliver, but tell her not to count on it since you can't control their decision on the matter.  It's not like you are intentionally hurting her feelings and there's no real reason to also hurt the feelings of your MIL.  Your grandmother should be understanding and if she isn't then there's not really anything you can do about that.

Astrachanca
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM
I would do what's best for you! If it's going to cause drama and stress, tell them both that you've decided you and your husband want more privacy. Dont feel bad for it either because it's your decision and choice. They need to learn to respect you!

My mil will probably be the only one at the hospital but we don't want her down until the baby is born. She can come for a visit but that's it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BosGirl0906
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Do what you think is best for YOU. you certainly don't need to be stressing over it. If you explain it to your grandmother, she loves you and will probably understand. and if you decide on it just being you and your DH, your MIL should understand as well. It's not about them. It's about y'all and your baby. My DH and I decided that it was going to be just the two of us in the delivery room. To keep from hurting anyone's feelings. My MIL, while I love her, is the last person I want in there. My parents are divorced so I would be worried about asking one without asking the other. My mom is my best friend and I know at some point I'm probably going to want her in there. But at the same time, having it just be me and him when our child is born, it just kinda seems so much more special to me. Good luck mama :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN