Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

anemia

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:11 AM
  • 8 Replies
Is anyone else having to take iron pills during your pregnancy?

This has been the worst friday ever i get a call saying i failed my 1hr glucose test now i have to do the 3hr one and then the doc calls back saying im anemic... im kinda scared if i fail my 3hr on wednesday :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Yes, I have to take iron supplements due to being anemic. It's not a big deal, but finding the right iron supplement migh take a few tries. Make sure you're drinking a lot of water and eating a lot of fiber. Iron is notorious for causing constipation. :(

mommieof3_91
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:15 AM
I am also anemic I found out on my first pregnancy and take two iron plus my prenatal. I also did my one hour test today and I'm not sure if I passed or not my doc office ain't the greatest about calling me back but GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queenXofXmean
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Thank you ladies.. im just hoping i failed my 1hr cause the day i drank a ton of juice and it just didnt have time to leave my body...with my 1st baby i didnt have to take iron pills til after i had him...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof3_91
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:20 AM
I drank mt dew before my test today because that was all my bf had in the car from earlier that morning and I woke up late but I do hope that is why :)

Quoting queenXofXmean:

Thank you ladies.. im just hoping i failed my 1hr cause the day i drank a ton of juice and it just didnt have time to leave my body...with my 1st baby i didnt have to take iron pills til after i had him...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Here is a great post some made in my birthing group. Excellent info. *hug* I hope it helps!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117811/forums/read/17223155/Foods_That_Replenish_Iron
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toria2316
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I take iron pills, if I dont im super exhausted and feel like crap. 

Ginnygurl97
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM
I'm VERY anemic. I was in the hospital this week and had to have a freaking BLOOD TRANSFUSION because of it. And I go every two days to get iron through an IV plus the extra supplements I take everyday. Frustrating I tell you. But I do feel much better even just a few days after the transfusion and starting the IVs. Sorry you're going through it as well :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nenasam
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Yes, I took iron bill with my both pregnancy. With this one is pretty bad that my ob had to sent me to get an iv iron since my red blood didn't get any higher when I turned 30 weeks. But I never failed with that one hour glucose thought. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)