Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What kind of car do you drive?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:10 AM
  • 52 Replies

I drive a 99 chevy cavalier and I need a bigger car! We can't fit DD's (4) car seat, graco nautilus, and a baby car seat in my back seat no matter what we do. My DH is 6'3 and has to have the seat back all the way. It's the same car we had when dd was a baby but dh was on deployment from when she was 6 months old until she was almost 2 years old so I didn't have to worry about him being in the car. I love this car, it has never given us any problems but we need a bigger car to make room for baby. I'm afraid to get another car. I have only had two cars. I want a car that is good on gas but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. 

Oh, i take that back. I had 3 cars. We got a 99 chevy astro. That thing was huge and was a gas hog. Luckily I had no luck selling my car so when we sold the van we went back to our car.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sj3starz
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:33 AM
I have a 2012 Ford Fusion and my safety first convertible seat doesn't fit well in the back when its reclined in the rear facing position. A carrier works fine though, as does the convertible if it isn't FULLY reclined. The middle seat is small and doesn't have a latch system so I use the passenger side and when the new baby comes the drivers side. It will take up the whole back seat. Its good on gas. My car averages 27 mpg says my car and sticker says 33 average highway and 23 average city (I think) I have the 4 cylinder. Cheaper, better on gas, don't need the power. Also it had good trunk space. I can fit a stroller and over a cart full of groceries in it. That was what made me choose the car actually. I need my storage!

Tall people can't sit in my passenger seat right now, just a heads up. My hubby has to drive when we leave as a family. Lol makes me feel spoiled actually. When my dd gets to 20 lbs I can put the seat in a less of recline for her, and we can have more leg room in front!

I hope this helps a little bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sj3starz
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:38 AM
P.s. I owned a 99 Sunfire before this. Idk if you know but Cavaliers and Sunfires are pretty much the same car. I would definitely say the Fusion is a step up, though I had to get used to a "big" car. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K-Chan
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I really, really want a mazda 5. I fell in love with that van. Or a nissan versa.

I had a choice of cars when my 91 geo metro was totaled. The cavalier or a v8 grand marquis. Let's see a lawn motor engine (That's what we called it because it had no pick up at all) to a huge v8. I think not. They were both my dad's cars.

Quoting sj3starz:

P.s. I owned a 99 Sunfire before this. Idk if you know but Cavaliers and Sunfires are pretty much the same car. I would definitely say the Fusion is a step up, though I had to get used to a "big" car. Lol.

Snapdragon88
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this
2007 Honda Accord
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Astrachanca
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:09 AM
I just started leasing one in August! Love it so far! Baby is due in feb and great info thanks! I don't have a carseat yet... Was thinking about a graco 30 and then later a convertible. A infant seat with a base isnt too hard to fit? And YES I love the trunk! It's what sold me because I really thought I needed a SUV for space, but wanted good gas mileage. The fusion trunk is huge. :D

Quoting sj3starz:

I have a 2012 Ford Fusion and my safety first convertible seat doesn't fit well in the back when its reclined in the rear facing position. A carrier works fine though, as does the convertible if it isn't FULLY reclined. The middle seat is small and doesn't have a latch system so I use the passenger side and when the new baby comes the drivers side. It will take up the whole back seat. Its good on gas. My car averages 27 mpg says my car and sticker says 33 average highway and 23 average city (I think) I have the 4 cylinder. Cheaper, better on gas, don't need the power. Also it had good trunk space. I can fit a stroller and over a cart full of groceries in it. That was what made me choose the car actually. I need my storage!

Tall people can't sit in my passenger seat right now, just a heads up. My hubby has to drive when we leave as a family. Lol makes me feel spoiled actually. When my dd gets to 20 lbs I can put the seat in a less of recline for her, and we can have more leg room in front!

I hope this helps a little bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NorCalMom09
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:32 AM

I use to drive a 2000 chevy cavalier, it was my first car.... my dad still drives it that thing goes forever! (tho it's making some noises lol)

I now have a 2004 Honda Accord.... and they are very roomie!! They have a great safety rating are great cars. The model I have went from 03-07 and you can likely find one for under 10 grand (I paid 12 grand for my 04 about 3 years ago, it's top of the line though) It's a great family car! And if you get the V6 its pretty quick too :) Can't go wrong with Honda! Next I want to get a Pilot :)

Byrd15
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:33 AM
2013 Kia Rio.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diamondblue1
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:57 AM
95 sedan seville cadillac. It's a nice car but with baby #4 we need space bad especially with 2 teenagers and my son is 17 and he's 5'11
TianaH808
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:00 AM
2003 Ford Taurus - Very roomie & spacious!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:17 AM
I drive a 2011 Hyundai sonata. I get great gas mileage with 27 city and 35 highway. I love the safety features, trunk space, and have no problem fitting two caraeats in the backseat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN