Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What kind of car do you drive?

Posted by   + Show Post

I drive a 99 chevy cavalier and I need a bigger car! We can't fit DD's (4) car seat, graco nautilus, and a baby car seat in my back seat no matter what we do. My DH is 6'3 and has to have the seat back all the way. It's the same car we had when dd was a baby but dh was on deployment from when she was 6 months old until she was almost 2 years old so I didn't have to worry about him being in the car. I love this car, it has never given us any problems but we need a bigger car to make room for baby. I'm afraid to get another car. I have only had two cars. I want a car that is good on gas but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. 

Oh, i take that back. I had 3 cars. We got a 99 chevy astro. That thing was huge and was a gas hog. Luckily I had no luck selling my car so when we sold the van we went back to our car.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
bpryce
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:25 AM
I have a 2011 mazda 5. I love it. I was leasing a mazda 3 (to build credit) but once ds was born and we realized an infant car seat barely fit in the back seat, we knew we'd have to upgrade very soon. Dh and i are very tall and the convertible seat we bought fits in the middle row, rear facing and forward facing with the front seats all the way back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katie44
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:28 AM
2012 Ford F150
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbjb1024
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM
99 Chevy cobalt. We are having our first so we only need one car seat. We just got it a couple days ago and it does fit. Even with the front seats all the way back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:42 AM

A 2012 Acadia.  

I brought DD1 home in a Plymouth Neon and that didn't allow seats to be put all the way back. 

I've seen 3 seats in the back of an Altima, securely.  

K-Chan
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I want a mazda 5!

Quoting bpryce:

I have a 2011 mazda 5. I love it. I was leasing a mazda 3 (to build credit) but once ds was born and we realized an infant car seat barely fit in the back seat, we knew we'd have to upgrade very soon. Dh and i are very tall and the convertible seat we bought fits in the middle row, rear facing and forward facing with the front seats all the way back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bpryce
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Obviously i dont know what type of loan you could get, but my payments are $349/month. We pay $500/month because dh wants it paid off in 5yrs, not 7. IMO $349/month is not expensive when it comes to car payments.

Quoting K-Chan:

I want a mazda 5!

Quoting bpryce:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:36 AM
2012 Dodge Caravan... I love my van. I havent found anything I can't fit yet. Works great for my 2 kids and 2 pups.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinesweetie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I drive a 2006 nissan titan or a 2004 gmc canyon. The canyon is a 2 seater and the cheaper one on gas. My titan is our family truck. Dh is having his motorcycle fixed to he can start driving that and we can park the titan for awhile
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM
2003 impala and a 2005 Volkswagen passat. Need a bigger vehicle but it's not on the budget right now. The impala fits both car seats rf but not comfortably for me and dh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwinMomma2010
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:42 AM
2007 Mazda 6 , 2 1/2 year old twins and a baby on the way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)