Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of car do you drive?

Posted by   + Show Post

I drive a 99 chevy cavalier and I need a bigger car! We can't fit DD's (4) car seat, graco nautilus, and a baby car seat in my back seat no matter what we do. My DH is 6'3 and has to have the seat back all the way. It's the same car we had when dd was a baby but dh was on deployment from when she was 6 months old until she was almost 2 years old so I didn't have to worry about him being in the car. I love this car, it has never given us any problems but we need a bigger car to make room for baby. I'm afraid to get another car. I have only had two cars. I want a car that is good on gas but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. 

Oh, i take that back. I had 3 cars. We got a 99 chevy astro. That thing was huge and was a gas hog. Luckily I had no luck selling my car so when we sold the van we went back to our car.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Replies (21-30):
JeremysMom
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I drive a 2006 Scion Xb. It has awesome leg room and head room. My husband is 6 ft. 1 in. and has no problem driving my car. My son is 8 and has lots of leg room in the back and I see no problem with fitting a carseat in the backseat as well. 

msbusychild
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:06 AM
I drive an 01 Mercedes ML 430, and its pink! I love my pink SUV, I don't think I will ever get rid of it, lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:54 PM
I drive an '08 Scion xD. It's not roomy for DF, but it's fine for everything else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrittaneyH
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I have a 01 Chevy Tracker, was given to me at 17, 20 now its been a good car for being a teenager. Having my first baby, and it is kinda small fitting the car seat in there. After having him at the end of the month about 6 months after I will upgrade to a way bigger car! I don't care about gas, but safety is my main issue!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaylahk
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I have a 2005 VW New beetle so I dont think ill be much help. im getting closer to having my baby boy, first baby, and we are stressing how we will get the stroller from the travel system in my small trunk! Good luck mama though!

K-Chan
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Thanks. There is a guy on my dads road that is always selling cars. He has a van and my dad is going to see how much he wants for it and if he will do a trade.

Quoting Kaylahk:

I have a 2005 VW New beetle so I dont think ill be much help. im getting closer to having my baby boy, first baby, and we are stressing how we will get the stroller from the travel system in my small trunk! Good luck mama though!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Melissa on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I drive a Jeep now but I used to drive a Honda...they are reliable, last forever and great on gas!  Go for a CRV if you want a little more room!

CafeMom Tickers

wedding countdown

shoot4thestars
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:25 PM

08 Ford Escape.

bbyB10
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM
I have an escalade but we just bought a Toyota Avalon to save gas , we have 1 teen , 1 kid and 1 baby so 1 carseat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RunningMommaof2
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:30 PM
I have a 2012 Honda Civic and a 2002 Honda accord. The civic does fit 2 car seats in back plus is really good on gas. I'm going to need another vehicle for baby #3 though. Anyone have a vehicle that's good on gas and fits 3 car seats?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured