Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

ways to stop contractions

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:45 AM
  • 11 Replies
I was at the hospital a few nights ago with contractions and leaking... turned out i might have tinkled and couldn't tell i am 7 months pregnant... anyways is there a way for the contractions to stop. I have drank water, laid on my side, soaked in the tub... i have an apt on Monday... i just don't want to be sent home again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessihernandez
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:06 AM

If you're only 7mo and having regular contractions that don't go away with rest and hydration, you NEED to go in. It is way too early for baby to come and you don't want to risk that. Go in.

RoseBud93
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Well, they are most likely Braxton hicks. They don't need to stop, in fact they are good. it's your body gearing up for the real things. I have felt contractions since i was 4-5 months, maybe sooner. however, in a rare case, your body COULD be going into labor, but you wouldnt be sent home in that case.

CafeMom Tickers
Meghan6391
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Their regular just not progressive. And im not dilating i was seen Friday with the same amt of pain

Quoting jessihernandez:

If you're only 7mo and having regular contractions that don't go away with rest and hydration, you NEED to go in. It is way too early for baby to come and you don't want to risk that. Go in.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meghan6391
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:12 AM
I hate braxton hicks and these feel stronger. I was an idiot and went to a giant festival today and I've been paying for it all day lol

Quoting RoseBud93:

Well, they are most likely Braxton hicks. They don't need to stop, in fact they are good. it's your body gearing up for the real things. I have felt contractions since i was 4-5 months, maybe sooner. however, in a rare case, your body COULD be going into labor, but you wouldnt be sent home in that case.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jacylove
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Agree with this

Quoting RoseBud93:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoseBud93
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I had my baby shower today... all the stress and walking and running around has ME paying too. So I totally get where you're coming from. and yeah, braxton hicks can be so annoying. since I've started feeling all of my contractions, and certain laboring pains and stuff though, my mom likes to say I'm in pre-labor.. since it's not bad enough to go to the hospital [or maybe it is, idk] but it isn;t weak like normal braxton hicks are. I just want my little gal out already though. I got to see her face already and even got pictures of her face cause i fell in the tub and hit my stomach the other day and was put on 24 hour fetal monitoring and now on bed rest and had to have a sonogram to check the placenta and baby. [both are fine, thank god] but seeing her onl made me MORE anxious to hold her. 

Quoting Meghan6391:

I hate braxton hicks and these feel stronger. I was an idiot and went to a giant festival today and I've been paying for it all day lol

Quoting RoseBud93:

CafeMom Tickers
Diamondblue1
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:31 AM
Idk friday i had braxton hick back to back at least 7 of them they are starting to get a little painful though but i had some water and they haven't came back like that. But if you say yours is regular go to the doctor see what they can give you i heard they can give you something to stop contractions i'm not sure though
Meghan6391
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:36 AM
The midwife on call is the same one who stopped my labor while i was pregnant with my first... she almost killed him with all the morphine. This weekend ill do all i can to stay away from the hospital.. she is evil

Quoting Diamondblue1:

Idk friday i had braxton hick back to back at least 7 of them they are starting to get a little painful though but i had some water and they haven't came back like that. But if you say yours is regular go to the doctor see what they can give you i heard they can give you something to stop contractions i'm not sure though

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:39 AM

I had something like this with both of my previous pregnancies. With my first it started when I was 5 months along and with my second when i was 4 months. They were real contractions but they didn't make me progress. There's a fancy term for it but I don't remember it for the life of me. Lol! Anyways, they couldn't stop them but they didn't worry about them either because, as I said, they weren't making me progress. Both of them actually came past my due date. :-) Now, I don't know if this is the same thing since I'm not a doctor and I don't know the details a doctor would. But I just wanted to share my experience in case it helps. Did they try to give you a shot to help stop them? They tried it with my first pregnancy and it didn't work but I know it's usually the first step in trying to stop contractions.

Quoting Meghan6391:

Their regular just not progressive. And im not dilating i was seen Friday with the same amt of pain

Quoting jessihernandez:

Diamondblue1
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:41 AM
Quoting Meghan6391:

Oh wow!! Is that what they use to stop contractions morphine? That's crazy i thought they used some type of steroid
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN