Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I have a question for you if you've given birth without an epidural!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

What was the most painful part of labor for you? Was the pushing worse than contractions or vice versa?

I went through most of the contractions without an epidural so I know what that pain is like, but I had an epidural for the pushing. I'm just wondering if I can make it this time without an epidural at all. The reason I had one before was because my coccyx was going to break again when he came down the birth canal and I did NOT want to feel that, lol. 

I've heard from some women that the pushing came as a relief after the contractions... sort of like it was relieving pressure? But then others have said the pushing was worse. I don't know. What was your experience like?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Replies (21-30):
-mamas-
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Pushing was a relief for me. The contractions were the worst part!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristaB
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Contractions were worse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
You can tolerate the contractions if you breathe through them.... The hardest thing for me was pushing through the ring of fire ..

Quoting Snapdragon88:

What was the most painful part of labor for you? Was the pushing worse than contractions or vice versa?

I went through most of the contractions without an epidural so I know what that pain is like, but I had an epidural for the pushing. I'm just wondering if I can make it this time without an epidural at all. The reason I had one before was because my coccyx was going to break again when he came down the birth canal and I did NOT want to feel that, lol. 

I've heard from some women that the pushing came as a relief after the contractions... sort of like it was relieving pressure? But then others have said the pushing was worse. I don't know. What was your experience like?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keyonsmom
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:49 PM
The contractions were worse.
mem82
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Transition!

Pushing was a blessed relief.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:01 PM
For me its the pushing that hurts the worst
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alliesaurus
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Pushing was a relief, although the ring of fire is serious...
heathermarie23
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Quoting Fellie:

The contractions were tolerable and the pushing didn't hurt for me at all. I'd say the worst part was going from 6 cm to 10 cm in 20 minutes. My baby was 8lbs 9oz, she came out in 3 pushes and I didn't tear. OF COURSE you can make it, silly! :P But everybody is different. Just have to see for yourself and make sure you're as prepared as you can be! Have lots of support and don't be scared!

My experience x2 in general (minus the specific numbers).  I agree you have to prepare yourself and know your limits.

egrzesik91
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM

The painful part was back labor because my daughter was sunny side up. Pushing was VERY relieving and NOT PAINFUL. Didn't need an epi and I didn't tear. I was walking around an hour later. 

With an epidural, it sucked. 

Radellia
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Is it just me... Or does the Johnny Cash song "The Ring of Fire" come to mind?

"And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. The ring of fire"

Quoting kmqw229:

The ring of fire hurt the worst!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN