Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Five months, wheres the belly?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:20 PM
  • 34 Replies

So im five months pregnant and everyone tells me im too small. Is there anyone who had a small belly and their baby was still ok? I worry shes small or something..i get alot of back pains so some people tell me that the baby may be on my back whatever that means, i feel her in the front though, she just doesnt pop out very much shruggingWhat do you guys think?

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ThreeMunchkins
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Nope looks fine to me, some people don't even start showing at this stage because baby is far back and possition differently.

sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

If your dr or midwife doesn't have a problem with your size, then you shouldn't either. If anything being smaller would cause less stretchmarks and (at least for me) that would be a plus. 

Liev
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Lol I wish I had a camera, I am 21 weeks and my belly looks the same. I have gained 10lbs so far. I wear my prepreggo jeans still, the only real change is now I have boobs whereas before I had no boobs. My first preg was the same, and everyone said this time I would be bigger but it just hasn't happened. Thursday was my sonogram and he was 13oz. A little bigger than a coke can. Which is normal.
KariC33
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Im 5months too and look exactly the same as you. And i know baby isnt far back because i can feel him in the front. Everything seems fine with baby.. Some people just pop later on .. Around 6-7months so i guess we are one of those people. Good luck i know it sucks to not pop yet :/ but it will come soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

It happens! I was always very tiny with both of mine. Enjoy it because at one point you will pop and you get to enjoy the belly! but then when the pregnancy is over you lose the weight fast!

This is me at 5 months with my second.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VicAndKailee
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Thank you everyone..i was only worried cause when you google 5 months pregnant all these results of pregnant women with huge bellies come up lol ive only gained 5 pounds, when i went to the doctor they said shes a little small but thats shes perfectly fine for how far along i am. Its funny because my stomach pops out when i lay down, she rises up its so funny and ONLY then i look super pregnant lol but when i standupp it goes away

lovely528
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:54 PM
i am 24 weeks n my belly is small to they tell me im carrying her in my bacc but dnt worrie u will show soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KariC33
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM
At how many weeks did you pop? (just curious)

Quoting vwd_johnson:

It happens! I was always very tiny with both of mine. Enjoy it because at one point you will pop and you get to enjoy the belly! but then when the pregnancy is over you lose the weight fast!

This is me at 5 months with my second.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherd09
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I had a pretty small belly all the way until about 26/27 weeks, then I popped. As long as your dr. isn't worried, I wouldn't worry. Every woman and every pregnancy is completely different.

sissy852
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:05 PM
i dont show and i am almost 29 weeks preggo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)