Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really hate my OB....

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:41 PM
  • 13 Replies
I honestly have no idea why he had such good reviews when I was looking for an ob office that would accept my insurance.
Now that I'm past the 30week mark, I go weekly (high risk) and I always have to see him. I like the other doctors in the office...just not him.
He makes me feel stupid and I can't ask questions because, last time, he.made he feel so inferior and stupid that now I'm intimidated (i go to all my visits alone now that DH's work schedule changed).
I have to see him in the morning and I don't even want to go! I wait for 2 hours for this man to come in, tell me my weight and that im X weeks along....i know how far along I am and the nurse told me my weight when she took it.
Then he hands me my chart and says , "see you next week" and leaves :(
I tried to ask him if a flu shot was safe during pregnancy last week and he honestly said to me "you'll do what you think is best" WTF?

Honestly, most of the information I do have I got from you ladies and the internet. Can I just request to see a different doctor at the practice or will I have to stay with him since he is my primary?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sissy852
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Yes you can ask for a diffrent doctor. And by the sound of it you should.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Sounds like it might depend on your insurance but I would definitely start investigating!

You deserve amazing care--  absolutely!
    You might look for a midwife~

hugs!

arigdon4
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM
I wanted a midwife and natural birth but....insurance won't cover it and the closest is 75 miles away (small southern town).

Quoting doulala:

Sounds like it might depend on your insurance but I would definitely start investigating!

hugs!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

What about a midwife that practices at that hospital?

Quoting arigdon4:

I wanted a midwife and natural birth but....insurance won't cover it and the closest is 75 miles away (small southern town).

Quoting doulala:

hugs!

Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

You can ALWAYS request to see a new doc if you're not comfortable with him. GL

arigdon4
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:18 PM
There honestly isn't one.

Plus I don't think one would have me with all the stupid complications I've been having :(

Quoting doulala:

What about a midwife that practices at that hospital?

Quoting arigdon4:

Quoting doulala:

hugs!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit04
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Took me to find a dr that I actually liked :-( and for him to say that wow, most doctors recommend getting the flu shot while pregnant. Hope things get better for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Id see a different dr, and i damned sure wiuldnt have him deliver my baby. If you arent open and omfortable with him, your labor will be much worse. You need a comfortable trusting relationship with that person.... Seriously.
bellaamore
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting doulala:

Natural birth can be achieved in the hospital. Even in louisiana, medicad covers birthing centers and doulas/ nurse midwives.

You could do as i did and call up local midwives/ email them and ask abou prices for homebirths and about bartering.

Had my baby at home, it was amazing and it was obly 350$.
doulala
by Emerald Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:22 PM

You deserve better care---    I would really encourage you to work more with this doctor at the least...   Can you prepare a pad of paper with your questions and bring in an advocate or two with you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured