Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I'm so sick and I don't know what to do

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM
  • 3 Replies
I'll be 38 weeks along tomorrow and I'm feeling nauseous and weak. I've been having contractions on and off this week but its hard for me to tell real ones from false labor. I went to the hospital on Saturday because they were regular and getting closer together, they were 3 minutes apart when we went. But I guess they weren't strong enough and I wasn't dilating.
Now I'm looking for ways to manage the pain so I can tell when it's real labor. This is my second so I thought I knew the difference but the constant pain in my back and tightness in my stomach is making it hard.
What do you guys do to relax and ease the pain?
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BabieBeat
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Don't ever hesitate to call and ask your doctor, midwife or health care team about any questions or concerns you may have. They are there to educate and inform you ~ that's their job!!! And always ~ and trust your gut...xo
aimhawk
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Walk around, apply light heat to your back. I think the best position for me was on my knees bent over my belly and DH would rub my back. I labored like that as well in the hospital holding onto the back of the bed. DS's labor was all in my back.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
They always told me that if your contractions slow down after you drink a big glass of water, lay down & relax, you are not in labor.

Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)