Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

contractions but not progressing

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:54 PM
  • 19 Replies
Ugh!!!!!! I went to my OB today for my 39 week check up and the contractions I've had for the last two days every 4 minuted have gotten me NO WHERE Im still 1 1/2 cm 50% effaced. And on top of it my BP was up and they tested me for Cholestasis (sp?) Which Im waiting on the results. I really don't want to be induced monday but I will have to be if my little man doesn't show up by monday because of other medical issues
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purvislets
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:18 PM

That's a bummer!  =(  Sounds like you could be in prodromal labor.  I hope you start dilating on your own before Monday so you won't have to be induced! Have you tried all the tips like walking, sex, bouncing on an exercise ball, etc?

jesslynn06
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Well hopefully he'll be here before then!! Let us know when he makes his GRAND ENTRANCE!! :) And good luck momma!! :) Sending prayers and hugs your way!! :)
ilostmy_keys
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:25 PM

prodromal labor is terrible! i remember sitting in the nursery, rocking in the chair and watching the clock (timing "cramps") night after night after never-ending NIGHT.

RoseBud93
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:32 PM

we are literally in the same ball park right now. :(
For my 39 week appointment today, I found out I am STILL 1 cm but I went to 80 % effaced. was 70 last week and 40 the week before.  and she's at a -1 station still.  and I have been contracting 5-3 minutes apart for 2 days now also. and if I make it to next tuesday, I will start induction also. how funny if we end up doing this the same night.

CafeMom Tickers
Raeanne1987
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Yes this may be tmi but my dh and Ive had so much sex he's raw :/

Quoting purvislets:

That's a bummer!  =(  Sounds like you could be in prodromal labor.  I hope you start dilating on your own before Monday so you won't have to be induced! Have you tried all the tips like walking, sex, bouncing on an exercise ball, etc?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeanne1987
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Thank you I hope he shows up healthy no matter when :)

Quoting jesslynn06:

Well hopefully he'll be here before then!! Let us know when he makes his GRAND ENTRANCE!! :) And good luck momma!! :) Sending prayers and hugs your way!! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeanne1987
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:16 PM
That's how I feel!

Quoting ilostmy_keys:

prodromal labor is terrible! i remember sitting in the nursery, rocking in the chair and watching the clock (timing "cramps") night after night after never-ending NIGHT.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeanne1987
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Im gonna quit timing them they are driving me nuts! Maybe we will have our babies on the same day. Hopefully before next week lol

Quoting RoseBud93:

For my 39 week appointment today, I found out I am STILL 1 cm but I went to 80 % effaced. was 70 last week and 40 the week before.  and she's at a -1 station still.  and I have been contracting 5-3 minutes apart for 2 days now also. and if I make it to next tuesday, I will start induction also. how funny if we end up doing this the same night.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradya
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Hugs hope everything goes well
RoseBud93
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Yeah I stopped timing last night after the going to the hospital. I am not going to unless I feel like it honestly NEEDS to be timed. but I can feel them and when i look at the clock, they are still generally around the same consistancy.
and before next week would be great! I am scared of birth though at the same time..  

Quoting Raeanne1987:

Im gonna quit timing them they are driving me nuts! Maybe we will have our babies on the same day. Hopefully before next week lol

Quoting RoseBud93:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured