Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

sooo confused if it's a real contraction or not.

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:36 PM
  • 12 Replies

it's like a constant hardening, but the pain is coming and going and it's a shooting pain/menstrual cramp only on bottom of abdomen. idk??

i did vacuum and clean earlier, but doing that before never made this happen before. AGH, i am supposed to go in if it's 3-5 minutes apart for 30 minutes but i really CANNOT tell.

by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrswalker2012
by Erica on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Better safe than sorry
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
egrzesik91
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Sounds like the baby is engaging and putting pressure causing pain on your cervix. I drink water and nap on my left side to stop the same pain. I went in multiple times last pregnancy and it was the baby getting engaged. With more pregnancies the baby can engage and disengage daily causing pain... The pain at the bottom of the uterus is probably the baby burrowing in deeper into your pelvis.

I have the shooting pains after being up and about for hours straight. To me, it is my body telling me to lay down and rest.
halinichols
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM

i've been resting for days on bedrest, a little dusting & vacuuming shouldn't cause everything to get all crazy, lol :/ baby is already engaged at 0 station. he is moving around but this is an all over hardening, it's not cervix pressure. i live 45 mins from hospital, 4cm, fully effaced, so idk if i should go or what. i guess i'll call on call doc if it keeps up another few mins, it's already been like 30 mins or longer.

Quoting egrzesik91:

Sounds like the baby is engaging and putting pressure causing pain on your cervix. I drink water and nap on my left side to stop the same pain. I went in multiple times last pregnancy and it was the baby getting engaged. With more pregnancies the baby can engage and disengage daily causing pain... The pain at the bottom of the uterus is probably the baby burrowing in deeper into your pelvis.

I have the shooting pains after being up and about for hours straight. To me, it is my body telling me to lay down and rest.

greenhazel96
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM
It sounds like contractions to me, I just got out of the hospital Saturday for having contractions. Call your doc.
halinichols
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:59 PM

will do, going to make a grilled turkey cheese sandwich first then do just that.

Quoting greenhazel96:

It sounds like contractions to me, I just got out of the hospital Saturday for having contractions. Call your doc.

halinichols
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM

bump.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 25, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Ignore the hardening and time the pain. How many weeks are you? How far apart are the pains, and how long do they last.

greenhazel96
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Quoting halinichols:

let me know if everything is ok
halinichols
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Yes, things are fine for now, thanks for asking :)

Quoting greenhazel96:

Quoting halinichols:

let me know if everything is ok

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mazie0723
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I have been having some painful bh contractions lately. Like others said better safe then sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)