Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hospital bag?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM
  • 30 Replies
When did you pack it, or when are you going to? Also, what kind of bag are you planning on using? And are you taking your baby's things in the hospital bag or also taking the diaper bag?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toria2316
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I should have packed it at 30 weeks. Went into labor at 31 and didnt have anything we needed so dh had to make a bunch of trips. Now I have a medium sized duffel bag. Im taking the babies things in the duffel. 

gacgbaker
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I took a diaper bag and my own bag for the last three.  Here's a little list of things to think about bringing:

Snacks for you for after baby comes, and some of daddy's favorite too!

Breastfeeding Pads and Maxi Pads

Phone or calling card to call those relatives that live far away

Extra Change for vending machines, or whatever else might come up

Book to read, or something else to entertain you when you have no visitors or are waiting for labor to really get going

Baby Book, in case you want to fill some of it out

Camera and batteries

Clothes for you:
Socks
Robe
PJ's- they have some you might want to use because of the bleeding, but just in case
Going home clothes, remember you won't be able to fit into your old clothing right away
Underwear
Bras
Extra outfit just in case you don't want to wear PJ's the whole time
Hairbrush
Make up (if you want

Toiletries- for you and babies daddy in case he wants to stay

Extra clothes for daddy

Baby Clothes:
Going home outfit
Back up gong home outfit
Socks
Onesies

Fully stocked diaper bag:
Wipes
Extra outfits
pacifier (if you want to use one)
Bottles
Formula (depending on if you will use it or not)
Diapers
BurpClothes

Car Seat

RhondaVeggie
    by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    Baby book, knew I was forgetting something! When my son was born they put his footprints right in there so I definitely will be bringing one to the hospital for this one.

I am thirty weeks and making my list now but I won't really pack until later. Once you know what you need you can throw it together pretty quickly.
    m0mmyheather
    by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:57 PM
    I actually have a checklist on my pregnancy app. I just want to pack but feel like 33 weeks is sort of early to pack.
    lovemyhoney19
    by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    36 weeks here and I am all ready to go! I wanted to be done with everything by 35 weeks and I did it. I just didn't want the worry of going into labor and not having anything ready. The stress of that would have driven me crazy. Now I'm just sitting around waiting lol. I do cleaning here and there and keep up with laundry but other than that we are ready. I do have to buy a thermometer, CRAP I forgot about that! :-D

Quoting m0mmyheather:

I actually have a checklist on my pregnancy app. I just want to pack but feel like 33 weeks is sort of early to pack.
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    Oceana09
    by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM

My bag has been packed since week 30. With my daughter it wasn't packed and when I went into labor I had a drunk husband who was useless to me. This time around I have a fiance who is in Hawaii, so he won't be here to help and I have my parents who adopted me when I was 3 months old, so they have no idea what's going to happen. So I figured instead of running like a chicken with my head cut off or having to deal with dad running like a chicken with his head cut off, I just decided the earlier it was packed the better. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Jacylove
    by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:18 PM
    My bag is pretty much packed. I'm 36 weeks now. I just need add few things & b good to go
    mr.scariesmommy
    by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:51 PM
    I'm only about 17 Weeks but I pack around 28 Weeks for the just in case and I update it as needed.
    I pack going home clothes two baby outfits a bink for baby a special blanket for baby bath stuff and some entertainment items and socks I can't forget socks my feet always get cold. I even bring my own tie blanket since I hate hospital blankets :)
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    Mrs.Andrews
    by Mandy on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I pack mine and baby's stuff separately. You really don't need much for baby. Just the cute outfits and a blanket or two. So a small diaper bag should be enough. For me I just use a small duffel bag and pack around 34 weeks. Here's a link to my list:

http://babyinsideandout.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-to-take-to-hospital.html

prdmomnarmywife
    by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM
    I had 2 bags pack with my first his & mine , a d I Had no clue what I needed but am glad I over packed . We where there for 2 weeks! I packed at 23 weeks ? Lol ! I will pack 2 again this time , I am now 34 weeks and its driving me crazy that its not done !
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured