Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calcification on babies heart???

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM
  • 5 Replies

I got my ultra sound results yesterday and my doctor told me they found a calcification on the babies heart. He said some babies have it and there normal but its also a sign of down syndrome. I was wondering if this happend to anyone else out there and was there baby normal?

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sparklebug86
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM

BUMP!

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
i just had this happen to me. I had to see a genetic counselor, have a level 2 u/s, and a blood test to check for downs and 2 other trisomies. My blood tests came back negative for all 3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurtleMomma82
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM

They saw one on my little guy at the 19week anatomy scan.  My Dr. assured me that more often than not, it went away before birth and wasn't anything to worry about unless there were other "markers" of Down Syndrome.  

esengbusch
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I'm at 34 weeks, and earlier on they found the same thing on my baby and told me unless there were other markers present for down syndrome with that, then I should not worry. I had blood tests done and everything is fine. At last week's ultrasound they didn't see it anymore. Don't stress about it. I was also told throughout the pregnancy my babie's kidneys were larger than normal, now they are fine. I was told he was a big baby and I might need to have a scheduled C section, but now he is normal size and I forget what else came up that is OK now but don't stress about anything unless the doctor seems to be really concerned.

MissLea922
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Thanks everyone. It makes me feel better to hear that its common.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured