Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Missed Miscarriage.... has anyone else waited this long to miscarry naturally?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM
  • 16 Replies

My baby passed away between 10 - 11 weeks. I should be about 15.5 weeks right now and still have no signs of miscarrying naturally.

I have all the info on D&C etc but I am having problems scheduling one. Anyways... that's a whole different story I'm not looking to hear that I just need to go get a D&C...

What I am wanting to know if you have had a missed miscarriage... how long did you wait? I know it's been 4 - 5.5 weeks that the baby has not been alive (can't pinpoint the exact amount of time, but 2 ultrasounds have said that it's been around that long.) I guess I just want to know that someone, anyone else has also waited this song and their body finally did it naturally.

Losing my mind over this. :( Thank you for any input...

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toria2316
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Im so sorry about your loss. My first loss I miscarried naturally around 8 weeks and the second I had a D&C shortly after the loss. Sorry not much help. Have you spoke with your doctor about this yet? They might be able to help more. 

Oceana09
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I have not had to go through this, but here's a bump hoping someone can help you with the answers you seek hugs

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM
I did. Mine passed at about 6 weeks but I didn't miscarry until I was 12 weeks. My doc told me that as long as I wasn't showing signs of infection, it was healthier to let my body do it naturally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NorCalMom09
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM

That's what my original Dr. told me also, and I originally wanted to wait but now the emotional toll it's taking on me and my family is becoming too much. :( I hope it happens soon. Thank you. I had yet to find anyone else who had waited this long and it still happened naturally.

Quoting norahsmommy:

I did. Mine passed at about 6 weeks but I didn't miscarry until I was 12 weeks. My doc told me that as long as I wasn't showing signs of infection, it was healthier to let my body do it naturally.

Meghan6391
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM
i would be raising help with the dr about getting the dnc done or the pills to help pass the child out naturally if that is what you want. that doesnt seem healthy to carry around that long. im so sorry for what you are going through. i had my dnc done 3 days after my last mc and i lost the baby at 6 weeks
amc103
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. :-( I had a missed MC last year in the very begining of December. I was 6 weeks 5 days along when baby passed. I found out when I should have been 8 weeks. I waited for 3 weeks for it to pass naturally. It was around Christmas time and I was a wreck. I decided to do the D&C because we saw that baby was only just starting to detach from my uterus...it would have been another 3 weeks probably. I couldn't wait that long. I was really trying to avoid D&c because I already had a few, but my dr didnt really have to do a D&C but a D&E. It was pretty uninvasive. 

musicpisces
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Big hugs, mama.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  I haven't had this, but I'd say as long as you have your doctor's blessing to wait, do what feels right for you.  Keep an eye on your temp for infection.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mysty923
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:53 PM

In 2004 mine passed at around 10 weeks

I was in denial but also did not want to harm my body with a DNC

I waited it out

It was a long wait

I will never forget the day it started Dec 16th - but It was havy bleeding and then long bleeding - I got pregnant again 2 months later

NorCalMom09
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Thank you for sharing. Helps me to know I'm not the only crazy person waiting this long :( I really just want it to happen before thanksgiving or I know it's going to ruin my holiday with my family.

Quoting mysty923:

In 2004 mine passed at around 10 weeks

I was in denial but also did not want to harm my body with a DNC

I waited it out

It was a long wait

I will never forget the day it started Dec 16th - but It was havy bleeding and then long bleeding - I got pregnant again 2 months later

mysty923
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Good luck

I certainly undertand

I remember mine so well because it was my family's celebration party for christmas - I was in so much pain and I was bleeding so heavy - not a great party for me.

I wish you the best and I believe nature knows best

Quoting NorCalMom09:

Thank you for sharing. Helps me to know I'm not the only crazy person waiting this long :( I really just want it to happen before thanksgiving or I know it's going to ruin my holiday with my family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured