Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Curious about this...Periods & Pregnancy

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello Ladies, I'm new to this site...

I think I may be pregnant, but not sure yet. Took one test and it came out negative:( But I've been looking this up online and find all kinds of mixed answers so I really want to ask it here and get a feel for what is the "truth" on this matter if I can.

Has anyone gotten what seemed like a normal period and then ended up being pregnant? I've read on other forums women saying they've gotten two periods or even periods all throughout pregnancy, but there are also women who say "No way, it's IMPOSSIBLE!" So I'm really curious if anyone of you ladies have experienced this...Thanks soo much for your responses:)

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jmart1016
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:15 PM
I'm 6 weeks and i had a period in September but not in october and i still haven't had one. You maybe have to wait until next month to be sure. Or you can always go to your doctor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Yup.  I had a period May 28 then again June 14 (was getting periods every 2wks after my daughter was born) so when I went in for a u/s thinking I was almost 12wks turns out I was almost 15wks and was pregnant when I had that 2nd period. 

funhappymom
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM

It is possible to have your period and still be pregnant. Good luck.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Yes you can bread during pregnancy but is not a period. During a period you shed the lining of your uterus and if that happened you would lose the baby. Take a test is all you can do.
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Oops bleed not bread lol
AirForceWife13
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I bled like a period thru my entire 1st pregnancy. Its not technically a period but most women say they have their periods because its easier to say. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radellia
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM
It's not possible to have a "period" during pregnancy. There are a lot of women who do experience bleeding, even regular bleeding that can be mistaken for a period though. An actual period sheds the lining of the uterus. If this were to happen during pregnancy, you'd lose the pregnancy. Just plain bleeding though can happen, always check with doctor if you are pregnant and bleeding though to check on baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fuzzysunshine
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:25 PM

rnchelle93
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:31 PM
You can't have a period if you are pregnant, it is physiologically impossible, but you can bleed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN