Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

35 Weeks On Thursday and Still Haven't Told The Inlaws

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM
  • 66 Replies
4 moms liked this
My inlaws are great people. They have always been there for us. However, they are also very vocal about how we shouldn't have any more kids. Two was enough. We are expecting our eighth now on December 20 (or abouts). We have yet to even mention it to them.

It's not like they don't "know". I'm basically 35 weeks pregnant. It's not like I hide it. They were up on Saturday. My mil was eyeballing my tummy, but never said a word. I was showing her some pictures on my phone later that day, and she began scrolling through them all. Before I could get it back, she got to the tummy shot picture. LOL! Not a word from her.

I told DH that its like a silent standoff. I refuse to say anything. She refuses to say anything. I think it's halarious!!! It's so strange and out of character for them! We'll just show up around Christmas with a new baby! Marry Christmas!!! LOL!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
"Merry Christmas"

It won't let me edit! What is wrong with my spelling today?!?! LOL

Flipping idiot! :)

zebbyzebby06
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Shes prob upset noone said anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaFrankie
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM
4 moms liked this
Why wouldn't say something? That's kinda rude you all never told them. Despite their personal belief that they think you have enough lord, you're still carrying their grandbaby. Id feel so disrespected if I was your inlaws
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM
We didn't say anything because the moment we do, the rest of the pregnancy is "Are you going to name this one The End, All Done, No More, etc..."

I'd rather be disrespectful and not say anything, rather than be ultra stressed my entire pregnancy.

They know that it's been their actions with the past few that has caused this. If they would just pretend to be supportive of our wanting a big family, they would hear it from us. Instead, I have not heard a single positive about my pregnancies except for my first two. It's really sad actually. They are their favorites. All mine after them are not as "special". :(

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Why wouldn't say something? That's kinda rude you all never told them. Despite their personal belief that they think you have enough lord, you're still carrying their grandbaby. Id feel so disrespected if I was your inlaws
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:36 PM
No. They would definitely say something then. This is something else. I think they are going the "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" approach.

Quoting zebbyzebby06:

zebbyzebby06
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:40 PM
I know ppl like that too but id be too upset to even say anything. Myabe she doesnt wanna offend u and thinks u r gaining weight and that u have a friends us pic lol. You gotta go on tht show secretly pg

Quoting kcangel63:

No. They would definitely say something then. This is something else. I think they are going the "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" approach.

Quoting zebbyzebby06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM
LOL! I told hubby she probably just thinks I'm fat.

Quoting zebbyzebby06:

I know ppl like that too but id be too upset to even say anything. Myabe she doesnt wanna offend u and thinks u r gaining weight and that u have a friends us pic lol. You gotta go on tht show secretly pg

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting zebbyzebby06:

zebbyzebby06
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM
I hate asking pg ppl if they are cauae what if tht really arent

Quoting kcangel63:

LOL! I told hubby she probably just thinks I'm fat.

Quoting zebbyzebby06:

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting zebbyzebby06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulaloveme
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I plan to do the exact same thing but with my own family for the next and subsequential children.  They said the same sort of uncalled for and hateful remarks about our SECOND child and though some of them have come around (now that she's almost three years old!) some of them are still just as judgemental. As a matter of fact, my own mother said "Thanks for ruining my Thanksgiving" the year we announced our second pregnancy.  And that was ALL she said.

I flat out told my grandma the last time she mentioned that we didn't "need anymore kids" that the only thing she was ensuring by saying those things was that she'd never meet her great grand child.

Good luck with the inevitable encounter.  I hope you share the story of how that goes down!  LOL.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I was just thinking about this the other day. Wondering if you had ever announced it officially to them or whatnot. How interesting! I would love to be a fly on the wall when they meet the baby. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN