Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shortness of breath while pregnant?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM
  • 28 Replies
I am experiencing some shortness of breath lately and I am only 7w and 3d along... Has anyone else ever felt this with early pregnancy? I made an appt. because I've been feeling this way all day long lately and then it causes me to start panicking! I've even had a couple panick attacks due to feeling this way:( Never experienced this with any past pregnancies... It's scary!
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsNeene
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:50 PM
I had the same thing very early on. I went to the ER and my oxygen levels looked good. They were concerned about a blood clot though so I had a few more test done however so e test they could do they did t because I was pregnant and they aren't safe. No real reason as to why it keeps happening but since I'm already on a daily pill to prevent clotting they aren't too worried. Good luck. I know it's the worst feeling but the best thing is to stay calm and do breathing exercises and to relax as much as possible .
mommyde3boys
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Thank you:) this makes me feel a bit better! Knowing that I am not the only one even though I wish this didn't happen to you, me, or anyone! This is the worst feeling ever for me right now:( It happens even while I am lying down...
Quoting MsNeene:

I had the same thing very early on. I went to the ER and my oxygen levels looked good. They were concerned about a blood clot though so I had a few more test done however so e test they could do they did t because I was pregnant and they aren't safe. No real reason as to why it keeps happening but since I'm already on a daily pill to prevent clotting they aren't too worried. Good luck. I know it's the worst feeling but the best thing is to stay calm and do breathing exercises and to relax as much as possible .

mommyde3boys
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Btw, when did this go away for you? I just want it to stop... I keep praying that this goes away...
Quoting MsNeene:

mommyde3boys
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Bump!
Jguevara
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I experienced this with my Son. Maybe not as early as you are but it was terrible. Along with shortness of breath I would get really dizzy. So dizzy that I felt like passing out. The Dr. told me this was common in pregnant women.

jessk91185
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:38 PM

im about 9 weeks and i have the same problem at my work which is a grocery store i had to run and get a carton of eggs for a customer by the time i ran there which is at the other end of the store back to the check out lines i was gasping and had to sit down to catch my breath also happens when im going up and down the stairs

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:40 PM
I got dizzy spells early on, but I am experiencing shortness of breath now. It's been about a couple weeks now for me. I'm 21 weeks though and the baby gets high sometimes so I think that does it for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I have never heard of that happening so early, I would definitely get it checked out.

That symptom is more common in the third trimester, when the baby is putting pressure on the diaphragm.

mommyde3boys
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Thanks. That's what I thought too... I just made an appt. for later on today, thank God they can see me because it is literally bugging me really bad...
Quoting Randi02:

I have never heard of that happening so early, I would definitely get it checked out.

That symptom is more common in the third trimester, when the baby is putting pressure on the diaphragm.

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:04 PM
I had that through my first trimester. Like I was about to hyperventilate all the time. It felt like my airways were SO open I couldn't fill them all the way. It was normal and fine and all a part of the process. :) I'm 19w now and it subsided a few weeks ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured