Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Dear Mom: I'm not showing early, I'm overweight

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM
  • 5 Replies

My little sister had twins a year ago. I am pregnant for the second time, and my mother keeps remarking at how large my abdomen already is at only week 7. When I see the doc I'll let her know there's twins in the family, because I know it's a possibility, but I'm slightly overweight and rather offended that my slightly overweight abdomen has magically changed into an early baby bump. I know I should probably go with the flow, but that's easier said than done. 

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bshoemaker
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I am had the same issue except with my first my uterus was tilted so far back I wasn't actually showing much baby till 32 wks. I was more rounded than before but I didn't really pop until then. I knew I wasn't getting any bigger yet but oh boy did family try to act like I was. I just wanted to tell people to leave it alone, I wasn't showing I was just over weight. This is my second pregnancy and I can tell my pants are a little tighter already and I am 14 wks and I can see my tummy rounding out much faster. My doc warned me I would not get so lucky as to avoid maternity clothes this time.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I hate the 'BUMP watch' that some people do. LOL It's like leave it alone!

poeticrose09
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:00 PM

My mother constantly remarks at how small I am which to her is a good thing. She says that itll be much easier to hide the fact that I'm pregnant. I'm sorry you're going through this though.

Alyssa1992
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:19 PM

i have a bump that i can see but other people lately have tried to make plans for the holidays and i say i cant because im due at christmas time and they act shocked because they couldnt tell i was pregnant.. i have gotten HUGE but unless im wearing certain things i just look like a fat lard.

Terpsichore
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM

LOL at your wording. Sorry about the negativity of that experience. You reminded me that when I do show, I definitely look pregnant and not fat.pregnant belly

Quoting Alyssa1992:

i have a bump that i can see but other people lately have tried to make plans for the holidays and i say i cant because im due at christmas time and they act shocked because they couldnt tell i was pregnant.. i have gotten HUGE but unless im wearing certain things i just look like a fat lard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN