Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear Mom: I'm not showing early, I'm overweight

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM
  • 5 Replies

My little sister had twins a year ago. I am pregnant for the second time, and my mother keeps remarking at how large my abdomen already is at only week 7. When I see the doc I'll let her know there's twins in the family, because I know it's a possibility, but I'm slightly overweight and rather offended that my slightly overweight abdomen has magically changed into an early baby bump. I know I should probably go with the flow, but that's easier said than done. 

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bshoemaker
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I am had the same issue except with my first my uterus was tilted so far back I wasn't actually showing much baby till 32 wks. I was more rounded than before but I didn't really pop until then. I knew I wasn't getting any bigger yet but oh boy did family try to act like I was. I just wanted to tell people to leave it alone, I wasn't showing I was just over weight. This is my second pregnancy and I can tell my pants are a little tighter already and I am 14 wks and I can see my tummy rounding out much faster. My doc warned me I would not get so lucky as to avoid maternity clothes this time.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I hate the 'BUMP watch' that some people do. LOL It's like leave it alone!

poeticrose09
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:00 PM

My mother constantly remarks at how small I am which to her is a good thing. She says that itll be much easier to hide the fact that I'm pregnant. I'm sorry you're going through this though.

Alyssa1992
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:19 PM

i have a bump that i can see but other people lately have tried to make plans for the holidays and i say i cant because im due at christmas time and they act shocked because they couldnt tell i was pregnant.. i have gotten HUGE but unless im wearing certain things i just look like a fat lard.

Terpsichore
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM

LOL at your wording. Sorry about the negativity of that experience. You reminded me that when I do show, I definitely look pregnant and not fat.pregnant belly

Quoting Alyssa1992:

i have a bump that i can see but other people lately have tried to make plans for the holidays and i say i cant because im due at christmas time and they act shocked because they couldnt tell i was pregnant.. i have gotten HUGE but unless im wearing certain things i just look like a fat lard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured