Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do people still buy shoes at payless?

Posted by   + Show Post

Im not trying to be snarky but im curious if people still shop at payless. The shoes used to be inexpensive but I just went on their website and I was blown away by the prices! I couldnt believe how expensive they had gotten and I wondered if people really do still shop there?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
Steamedpuddle30
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Lol,I remember my mom getting me pro wings. I hated those. Lol. But everyone was poor. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lisa2424
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I do, mostly for flip flops. Their boots are a lot cheaper than most places to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Oceana09
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I still shop there mainly because their shoes are better than wal-marts and they're cheaper than famous footwear. I haven't been on their website, but usually you can get some pretty good "In store" deals. They always do the "BOGO By 1 get one 50% Off" sale. that works good for us when DD and I both need new shoes.

butterflycircle
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Once in a while. Their prices have gone up and depending on what you get the quility isn't worth it. My daughter has flat feet so we have to buy shoes with good arch support and so we spend a little more on her every day shoes . We usually find good deals at JCPenny, Sears, or Meijer even. 

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Rarely. I get my son DCs at Ross or $20. I can get dds sandals at Ross for about $8+ cheaper than Payless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I buy namebrand at DSW for the same price so no

Uhura
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Yup, I got my favorite pair of canvas sneakers there. Mine were like 7 dollars, but they were also out of the kids sizes.

Mind you, I wouldn't buy something that needs to last and be tough there. I don't have a lot of faith in their sneakers to stand up Kansas weather, but my canvas ones are pretty good.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

sparklebug86
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:59 PM

and thats exactly what I was thinking, Target has some cute shoes right now and for less than half the price. I remember that my mom used to buy my shoes there and they were between $10-15. Some are as hugh as $70 now

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

Too spendy for me. I usually get my kids shoes at Target.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
kLynch315
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:00 PM

People must or they would have closed down. I haven't bought shoes there since my kids were toddlers. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Not sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)