Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do people still buy shoes at payless?

Posted by   + Show Post

Im not trying to be snarky but im curious if people still shop at payless. The shoes used to be inexpensive but I just went on their website and I was blown away by the prices! I couldnt believe how expensive they had gotten and I wondered if people really do still shop there?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Replies (41-50):
auntkk1984
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM
I do. I wear a 12. And if i want lady shoes or dress shoes its one of the only places that have my size. Otherwise im stuck with mens tennis shoes. And if my feet grow with this pregnancy im screwed. Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRobinson06
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Apparantley since they are still in business. I did make the mistake of buying my kids some a year ago. They fell apart within like a month. First and last time unless we need shoes for like a one time thing.

bshoemaker
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:05 PM

There is no down the street from my house and they seem busy even though they aren't as cheap as they used to be. They have good sales though.

Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I do!! We are right now living on a budget and Payless seems to be the best way to afford shoes...

willsmoms
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:13 PM

i used to get shoes there I agree they are way oever priced now. I can get shoes I like better for cheeper at other placesd.

NyiaBaby216
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I dont, I actually never have (not for my kids I mean. When I was a kid, my grandmother STAYED in there lol) . But I've seen a lot of kids in my area with payless shoes on.

Oh no wait! I have gotten my kids sandals there. DD and DS's 1st pair of sandals were from there. And the 2 pairs of sandals DD wore two summers ago were from there. They were all no more than $15.00. With the cheapest being about $8.

perezamberly
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Year they're like stupid expensive
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-SamSam-
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I go look through their sales, but that's about it. I feel like I can go get a pair of name brand shoes for ten or some more dollars that'll last twice or more as long.

Larsbug
by Laura on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I do, but mainly because DS1 and I have very wide feet and the only other places that sell the kind we need are much more expensive and I refuse to pay more than $20 for shoes that DS1 is going to grow out of in a couple months

jewmaw13
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:38 PM
I do! It's the only place I can find my size(5 1/2) at a reasonable price (:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN