Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do people still buy shoes at payless?

Posted by   + Show Post

Im not trying to be snarky but im curious if people still shop at payless. The shoes used to be inexpensive but I just went on their website and I was blown away by the prices! I couldnt believe how expensive they had gotten and I wondered if people really do still shop there?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Replies (51-60):
socalmommy13
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Nope .. waaaaay too expensive and they don't last.. I go to burlington ..ross or famous footwear :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sdunaway08
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I noticed that too. There isnt one near me so when we go on a shopping trip I'll stop at one from time to time. The prices were way high...I'm not going to pay name brand prices for a cheaper made shoe. I'd rather go to Famous Footwear or Shoe Carnival and catch their sales or clearance racks for name brands at the same price of Payless'.

rfhsure
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:27 PM

funny you posted this, I needed winter shoes really bad but I'm not willing to pay much money for anything. I went to the payless and their cheapest pair of 'winter' shoes (which happened to be fully suede with a half inch sole and fur trim, not water proof at all) was 35.95 My ass if I'm going to pay 40 bucks for shoes. You're supposed to pay less, god damnit! I hadn't been in there in years but I figured I'd be, well, paying less. Was wrong. ended up getting waterproof boots from K mart for a little less

CMGorham
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Yep, I buy all of DD's shoes there. Usually when they have the BOGO. She has fat feet and has to have wide shoes and Payless is the only place I KNOW has them without cosing $25-30 a pair.

pregnancy calendar
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:23 AM

I bought 2 pairs of shoes and a pair of slippers for like 20 bucks there. But everything was on sale and they were kids shoes. That was about a year ago as well.

I don't shop there normally. We happened to be in a mall where payless was and my son happened to need shoes.

ForeverInLove
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Sure do. They are the only ones  who carry the the sandals I can wear, and will wear. No one else has sandals for me, that I have been able to fine, for a decent price.

beans13
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:29 AM
I went there last week looking for winter boots for my dd. They were minimum $50. No freakin way. I tried on a cute pair of boots for myself and was going to get them. They were just black ankle boots with a heel to wear with pants. I almost freaked when I saw they were $90. Again nope. I got a way cuter pair of better quality elsewhere for $70.

I now call it "PAYMORE".
MommyRJ
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:31 AM
I do for the kids. DS needs wides and dd needs narrow and they are the only cheap place that carries those in toddler sizes. Their sales and bogo is nice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRJ
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Same here

Quoting CMGorham:

Yep, I buy all of DD's shoes there. Usually when they have the BOGO. She has fat feet and has to have wide shoes and Payless is the only place I KNOW has them without cosing $25-30 a pair.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radellia
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:13 AM
I don't shoe shop very often, but yes. I agree some of the prices are pretty high, but the types of shoes I usually look for aren't too bad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)