Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Had my doctor's appointment today.

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM
  • 17 Replies

I'm 22 weeks, 6 days :)

Brooke's heart rate was 157bpm <3 After my nurse got done checking the heart rate, she said, "She was kicking a lot" haha :)

Then my doctor came in :/ She asked me, "How old are you?" I told her 19. She looked at me like I crazy and said, "Don't you have more important things to do than have babies? You didn't think to use a condom or something?! Oh well, things happen I guess.. Anyway.."

In my head, I was thinking "Oh my goodness. how rude to do you have to be?!" But I just laughed and said, "I know, I know"

But anywayyyyyy, My Level 2 Sono at the Hospital is scheduled for December 12th, 2012. I get to see my baby again & see her little heart & lungs and MAKE SURE SHE'S STILL A GIRL & A PENIS DIDN'T POP UP ANYWHERE !!! lol.

On December 6th, I go back to my dcotor to take my sugar test - NOT EXCITED!

having a baby

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tuckermum
by Crysta on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Wow that was really rude of them to say.they would hated me because I wax ttc at 18 lol. Im glad everything else is going well though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TLQSlovesME
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't really like the doctor's at the office I go to, lol. But oh well :) As long as baby is doing great, they can screw themselves!

Quoting tuckermum:

Wow that was really rude of them to say.they would hated me because I wax ttc at 18 lol. Im glad everything else is going well though.

having a baby

tuckermum
by Crysta on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Lol true and I agree.

Quoting TLQSlovesME:

I don't really like the doctor's at the office I go to, lol. But oh well :) As long as baby is doing great, they can screw themselves!

Quoting tuckermum:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Wow how rude!! I would have went crazy, walked out and found a different doctor! Good thing baby is doing good though :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melanie420
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM
I would have beat that bitch, just because your young don't mean you don't want a baby, not everyone likes to act ridiculous and stupid at that age, I was 20 when I got pregnant, I was 21 when I had my son and the nurse at the hospital was saying how young me and my husband look and was surprised we were married but she wasn't rude like that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angel_Red7
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Congrats! 

That was rude tho. I wonder what she would think of me. I am 22 with a toddler, a 3 month old, and ttc whenever it happens before getting tied. But I'm used to comments. From mothers, doctors, and pediatricians. O well! 

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:36 PM

That was very rude of her to say, she a doctor, she isn't there to pass judgement , she is there to ensure your health and the baby's. Next time tell her that. 

MamaFrankie
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Get a new obgyn and report her to the state. That's against her vows. arleast in my state anyone in the medical field, docs nurses, emts, even dental assistances have a view of conduct and unbiased philosophy they have to swear upon to keep an unbiased mentality while treating patients or she can actually lose her licences if there is enough complaints against her.

You maybe 19 buy YOU hired and pay HER. Feel free to remind her of that fact.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myusernamedied
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I understand that entirely. When I had my first obgyn appointment earlier this year, the doctor was so rough that I cried. She then said, "If you can take a dick, you can take this." 

I immediately started crying. My mum wasn't there or anything. It was horrible, that hospital pretty much beat me up.

I mean considering I was there because I had lost the baby, why would she treat someone so bad? 

butterflyk1ssez
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I hope you report your OB. That is repulsive. I was 20 when I was pregnant with my son and had him at 21. You need to remind the office staff and her that you pay her and you demand respect and you will be finding another OB and reporting that OB. That is against their rules and regulations with all states.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN