Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I am struggling with this....please help with a kind word or two. (PIOG)

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM
  • 3 Replies

So ever since I became pregnant with this little boy, I have these periods of time where I feel really sad because life is going to change completely for my 3.5 year old DS when new baby arrives. I know in the long run, he will love having a sibling, but he is very much a momma's boy and I worry how he will react to having to share my time. I dont want his sunny personality to change, and I really hope I can be the best mom to both my sons and not make DS1 feel badly. I know all about incorporating him into the processes that go on with a new baby, (having him help me take care of the baby with feeding, diaper changes, etc) but it WILL be a change no matter what. Ultimately, Im worried that there wont be enough of my love to go around. I know deep in my head that somehow, it just works, but every month, I have a breakdown and crying jag and my hubby has to talk me back up again. Is this normal? Do I care too much? Anyone else go through this?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
2littledaisies
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I'm not currently going through this but I did when I was pregnant with my 2nd .. I can tell you what you are feeling is normal. Its scary thinking about adding another and hoping you don't some how regret your decision to add to your family.  There will be enough love to go around, it just has a way of working itself out.  You will see your new baby, and when your DS meets his sibling it'll all be much better in your head. 

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I think it's normal, as mom's we always feel the mommy guilt we are programmed that way and then on top of that we have hormones making us a little crazier. I am about to become a mother to a second child as well, my son is 5 yo and he has had me for so long and he has had my 100% attention always so I am a bit concern how that will workout for us, he seem happy about the idea of having someone to play with, having a sibling in his life but I wonder how it will be when the new baby is here. I kind of been telling myself that I will deal with it has it comes, try to make the effort to have alone time with my son while the baby is sleeping, try to get him as involved as possible in the new baby life, and also have the nanny help me as much as possible with the baby so I can give my son one on one time, I'm a divorcee but you have your husband so maybe ask your hubby to take the baby and have your "special time" every day with your older son that way he can always depend on your complete attention at least once a day. At least this is what I been thinking I will do when the new baby comes, I'm a fixer so I always try to make situation work. I think it's fine that you are feeling this way but just don't let it overwhelm you so much. 

CollinMommy
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I am going through this now. It's always just been my son and I since he was 8 months. I started dating my BF over the summer, who has 2 kids, and Collin loves them, but they aren't there 24/7. So now that we are expecting, I'm terrified that my son is going to resent the new baby, and maybe even me, because its not going to be just me and him anymore. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN