Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

i give up

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
I wanted a c section. It seemed a lot easier to me than pushing for countless hours. Youncould say, thinking back, my doctor has scared me into wanting and to believing a c section was better. "You dont have to be in hours of pain in labor pr anyhing. Set time and date amnd BOOM, youre done!" After watching on Netflix, the business of being born, i saw first childbirth. I rather have that than go through a surgery, or at least try. I told my obgyn i had chaged my mind, i want a vaginal birth. She shook her head and said no. I thought you said i was capable of having a vaginal birth? She ignored me. I told her i want regular birth and she said then you have to find another ob. I lookes online and saw people had vbacs after 2 cesareans so why me? The distance apart is prettygood ( 02.19.2008, 03.01, 2011 & im due 02.01.2013) my scar is low bikini line, held together both times witj stitches and tape. I called mamy obs in ,my area and same result: they wot take me or they dont accept my insurance. No iCAN In my area either andnothers are too far of drive -.- looks like im stuck gettig another c section. 2 more months to go and rest of my pregnacy, just go by fast already.. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Laulaulu321
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:41 PM
That's really crappy and not fair. Plenty of women have vbacs. Can you maybe find a midwife?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM
I didnt think they would take my insurance.

Quoting Laulaulu321:

That's really crappy and not fair. Plenty of women have vbacs. Can you maybe find a midwife?

Laulaulu321
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Ohh. I think it's worth a try. I know that near where I live there is an office with a few midwives that takes most insurance. It even takes one of the state insurance plans. You should check if you are definitely sure you will be heartbroken having to have a c csection.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting Laulaulu321:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aussiechic
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I'm sorry. That really sucks. :(

hismommy2010
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:50 PM

It varies state to state. My state is one that will not do vbac.

mama-smurf
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Im in Michigan

Quoting hismommy2010:

It varies state to state. My state is one that will not do vbac.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I would contact every last person on this list. They are in your state and will be able to get you in the right direction.

http://ican-online.org/chapter/search

YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Most do or will work with you on costs. Midwives are much less expensive than OBs, making it feasible to work out a doable payment plan.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting Laulaulu321:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)